baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

Seriously, what is so special about Kristen Bell?

She did Veronica Mars, a show that, just like Firefly, was a ratings flop and is one of those ridiculously bad, yet-somehow-ridiculously overrated TV shows that its fans worship as if they were brilliant works of art (their failure is also blamed on the networks by the fans, as if the fact that nobody watched them was not the reason they were cancelled) She has developed somewhat of a cult following among fanboys, and for a little while, Hollywood tried to make her a rom-com star. Fortunately, audiences were not impressed with her "acting," and instead of becoming the new Meg Ryan, she became the new Brittany Murphy, but with less death. Edited by Cochofles

She did Veronica Mars, a show that, just like Firefly, was a ratings flop and is one of those ridiculously bad, yet-somehow-ridiculously overrated TV shows that its fans worship as if they were brilliant works of art (their failure is also blamed on the networks by the fans, as if the fact that nobody watched them was not the reason they were cancelled) She has developed somewhat of a cult following among fanboys, and for a little while, Hollywood tried to make her a rom-com star. Fortunately, audiences were not impressed with her "acting," and instead of becoming the new Meg Ryan, she became the new Brittany Murphy, but with less death.

Er Veronica Mars was actually a pretty decent show (first season anyway).

She did Veronica Mars, a show that, just like Firefly, was a ratings flop and is one of those ridiculously bad, yet-somehow-ridiculously overrated TV shows that its fans worship as if they were brilliant works of art (their failure is also blamed on the networks by the fans, as if the fact that nobody watched them was not the reason they were cancelled) She has developed somewhat of a cult following among fanboys, and for a little while, Hollywood tried to make her a rom-com star. Fortunately, audiences were not impressed with her "acting," and instead of becoming the new Meg Ryan, she became the new Brittany Murphy, but with less death.

LOL

I felt terrible for Brittany Murphy when she died. I actually think she had talent.

Nobody I've spoken with has had anything to say about the writing. They just think it takes a long time to get going. My best friend also felt the shaky-cam and editing hurt the effectiveness of the games. He also told me to see it for myself so he didn't really hate it.

Your friends probably just misintepreted the film. Hunger Games is not an action romp, it's a thriller. The first half of the film (before they get into the arena) is actually the better part of the movie - it's full of tension. There is very little violence actually shown on screen, and personally I have no problems with it, because violence is not the point.

Your friends probably just misintepreted the film. Hunger Games is not an action romp, it's a thriller. The first half of the film (before they get into the arena) is actually the better part of the movie - it's full of tension. There is very little violence actually shown on screen, and personally I have no problems with it, because violence is not the point.

Misinterpreted? I don't think so. They weren't complaining about the lack of violence; they were lamenting they couldn't make anything out. Also just because you enjoyed the first half more doesn't mean everybody else does. You say it's full of tension, others tell me it simply drags. I can't wait to see for myself so I can actually form an opinion of my own.

Wow, I wasn't going to read the whole thread but damn, Baumer's meltdown was too good to pass up. :lol:AWESOME for THG!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Epic meltdown buddy. Far worse than the Potter ones.

You still haven't seen The Hunger Games RichWS??

Haha not yet. I wait until the third week nowadays with most big hits. Going to the theater here in NYC can be a very stressful experience with a large crowd. Also with work and everything else, I really have to find the time and energy to go.