Eric the IF

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

We don't?! :sadfleck:

It was such a win/win situation here. They would either roast WB for doing a Batman reboot that does less than BVS or lose their minds because a Batman reboot with SHINY TWILIGHT VAMPIRE RPATZ did more than BVS.

Affleck didn’t want to make the Batman movie, this isn’t even a discussion tbh, they were gonna reboot either way. And my next comment has nothing to do with Snyder but why would anyone expect a reboot of Batman to make more then a movie with the trinity? BvS still made 866m. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Is the series worth watching? I was considering because it is everywhere on social media nowadays

Personally I dig it. Season 1 is much better though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

300m global opening weekend I can feel it 

If domestic can get into 140-150m. Then there's possibility for 300m. Either way that 225m by deadline is too low for WW opening.

• Like 1

the only thing i've seen from sam levinson was malcolm and marie which is probably the worst movie i saw from last year. hasn't really energized me to check out that show despite it being the big thing right now. all the gifs and clips i see from it look like... too much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Affleck didn’t want to make the Batman movie, this isn’t even a discussion tbh, they were gonna reboot either way. And my next comment has nothing to do with Snyder but why would anyone expect a reboot of Batman to make more then a movie with the trinity? BvS still made 866m. 

Idk man I am just bored and throwing shit at the wall to see if all hell breaks loose. Don't ask me the hard questions. :sadfleck:

• Haha 2

Euphoria S2 brings me back memories when the last Game of Thrones season dropped. I have yet to watch a single episode of that show (read the first book, which was a pretty good page-turner), and yet my entire timeline was full of people complaining about the show and the characters and all the writing decisions being made. I still have no idea what the plot for the last season was and what happened, outside of Daenerys doing stuff with a dragon I guess.

It was the most bizarre, out of the loop experience ever, because I had no say in the discourse and had no idea what people were mad about. Euphoria's even worse in that regard, because I at least know the basics of the GOT cast because of the first book and overall cultural osmosis. I know one character in Euphoria is named Rue...I think...is that Zendaya's character? (this is rhetorical, please do not answer this. i really, truly do not care about this show)

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm 100% sure AEW PPVs and ROH video library will be streaming on HBO Max by the end of this year.

Reason to re-up HBO Max until Succession comes back!!!

I’m also excited because hopefully it will allow him to keep a bunch of the roster but spread them out more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Start a flame war on Twitter about the Joker making more than Batman and you will get supreme entertainment

i mean it was 10m short of doing more than TDKR

Edited by AnDr3s

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the only thing i've seen from sam levinson was malcolm and marie which is probably the worst movie i saw from last year. hasn't really energized me to check out that show despite it being the big thing right now. all the gifs and clips i see from it look like... too much.

Understandable, also doesn’t help that dude is a tool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Euphoria S2 brings me back memories when the last Game of Thrones season dropped. I have yet to watch a single episode of that show (read the first book, which was a pretty good page-turner), and yet my entire timeline was full of people complaining about the show and the characters and all the writing decisions being made. I still have no idea what the plot for the last season was and what happened, outside of Daenerys doing stuff with a dragon I guess.

It was the most bizarre, out of the loop experience ever, because I had no say in the discourse and had no idea what people were mad about. Euphoria's even worse in that regard, because I at least know the basics of the GOT cast because of the first book and overall cultural osmosis. I know one character in Euphoria is named Rue...I think...is that Zendaya's character? (this is rhetorical, please do not answer this. i really, truly do not care about this show)

Oh yeah. The other thing about the last Game of Thrones season while it was happening was the day after every episode, my parents wouldn't stop raving about how good the show was and how they didn't understand why people had a problem with it. I honestly think they are the only two people in the entire planet who actually liked the final season, and that's kind of adorable to me. Hope they don't end up on Twitter and get flamed by the weirdo Game of Thrones fanboys.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Yes.

(C'mon, you knew I was gonna answer it)

I have not watched europhia cause I was like “I am too old for this, I don’t want to watch teens having sex. They are just babies” after 3 episodes. 😂

• Haha 1

Btw I watched the entire season 2 of Euphoria and I can't explain a single story detail. Everything is a out of body experience. It is like if I was tripping on hardcore acids during those 60 minutes. It is all visual style and no content. They tripled down on it for season 2 and I hope they keep this train rolling for season 3.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

I have not watched europhia cause I was like “I am too old for this, I don’t want to watch teens having sex. They are just babies” after 3 episodes. 😂

I can be Sydney Sweeney's baby any day of the week. Or whatever she wants me to be. Literally anything. No barriers.

• Thanks 2