Eric Loves Rey

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

My crew holding me back when people start saying this is the best Batman film yet

CP1igFZ.gif

I know, right.  There’s no way this is better than The Batman Lego Movie. 

• Like 2

Lego Batman was a huge disappointment IMO. Really felt like a cheap imitation of the first Lego Movie and is just way too hyperactive and sparingly funny. I thought it was just a case of the first Lego Movie being a lightning in a bottle and Lord/Miller the only people who could pull it off, but I actually really dug Lego Movie 2 (the one with Tiffany Haddish and is all about toxic masculinity). Not sure how the Trolls guy did a better job than the Robot Chicken guy, but it is what it is.

The Harvard for Police joke was really funny tho

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 2

40 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Lego Batman was a huge disappointment IMO. Really felt like a cheap imitation of the first Lego Movie and is just way too hyperactive and sparingly funny. I thought it was just a case of the first Lego Movie being a lightning in a bottle and Lord/Miller the only people who could pull it off, but I actually really dug Lego Movie 2 (the one with Tiffany Haddish and is all about toxic masculinity). Not sure how the Trolls guy did a better job than the Robot Chicken guy, but it is what it is.

The Harvard for Police joke was really funny tho

I dont stand for slander of Lego Batman. I liked it a lot when it came out (2017 seems like a different century at this point) and i still like it the same today. Dunno, i just think its really hilarious.

• Like 3

i was charmed by the first lego movie and then batman was just on the wrong side of hyperactive to me it felt like a bunch of kids high on sugar jumping all over the place. made me avoid all the subsequent lego movies. good alfred though.