CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

Posted (edited)

Fede said something about avoiding spoilers, but here we are, Asian girl kissing a facehugger on the poster.

Yeah, I know, it's in the teaser, but I think that was a mistake, there's only six charecters. Can we have some intrigue?

(Not watching trailer tomorrow, I learned my lesson with Prometheus and Covenant)

Edited by cinema pal

14 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

Fede said something about avoiding spoilers, but here we are, Asian girl kissing a facehugger on the poster.

Do asians have specific ear shapes? I cannot tell what ethnicity this person is...

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Do asians have specific ear shapes? I cannot tell what ethnicity this person is...

Aileen Wu playing the only bald charecter in the movie and in the teaser we see more than her ears, pal!

36 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

Aileen Wu playing the only bald charecter in the movie and in the teaser we see more than her ears, pal!

Nobody notices such things beyond the crazies that devour every snippet of info. Besides, who says she is the only bald character? Is that set in stone? Maybe somebody starts out with longer hair and gets a buzzcut later, just to throw you off. Pal! :D

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Yeah, I know, it's in the teaser, but I think that was a mistake, there's only six charecters. Can we have some intrigue?

(Not watching trailer tomorrow, I learned my lesson with Prometheus and Covenant)

There's no intrigue, we all know how it ends:

Ripley clone and good android survive, and fly off into the sunset, everyone else dies, good guys saved the day once more until next sequel.

57 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Nobody notices such things beyond the crazies that devour every snippet of info. Besides, who says she is the only bald character? Is that set in stone? Maybe somebody starts out with longer hair and gets a buzzcut later, just to throw you off. Pal! :D

The cast is too small to reach like this. They already showed who dies in the very first teaser.

Edited by Firepower

Anyone else getting pissed about all the fake Alien Romulus trailers on YouTube from Screen Culture? Just  a bunch of clip videos from previous Alien movies.

This is what happens with barely any marketing from Disney.

Posted (edited)

It's kind of funny they showed character's death 2 or 3 times in every detail. Also male cast isn't even trying, did they find those dudes on the street? Spaeny and Merced do all the heavy lifting.

Edited by Firepower

Yawn, find the back to basics thing to be very boring especially when every single Alien film has had its own weird thing going. Hoping this ends up being a success just so that we can get the 3rd film in the Ridley trilogy

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Eric Lasagna said:

Dang, they are leaning on the first movie nostalgia HARD. Same type of setting, tag line and title slowing revealing movie title.

Eric is going to call this a nostalgic toy commercial for sure.

Except like nearly all modern day stuff, they can't afford lighting? Don't know why they make it so hard to see anything. Turn up the lights! Game of Thrones underlit filming has to stop.

I really hope this is good, Alien sequels have a hard time being good.

Edited by Mojoguy