CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

Talking on the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo film show on the UK�fs BBC Radio 5 Live, Ridley Scott talked a little more about the links between Prometheus and Alien, and one little nugget suggests he may have plans for not one, but two sequels!Talking about how the end of Prometheus links to Alien, he said that should the film be a success:There wll be two more of these before you even get to Alien 1Sounds like he and the writers have quite a details story arc planned out!

How about we wait to see if there's even going to be a Prometheus 2 first?

This is the On The Lot forum. This type of stuff happened with other movies.

http://instagram.com/p/zQwEQ0qhBq/

http://www.slashfilm.com/neill-blomkamp-alien/

Niell Blomkamp says the art had nothing to do with any studio, but who just has professional quality concepts laying around for fun? Usually when you do preproduction on something its for an actual project right? I think we'll see Alien 5 sooner or later.

Edited by CJohn

Can't wait to see what he does with the franchise. We have to assume Ridley Scott's Prometheus prequel trilogy is dead.

I hope this does move forward indeed. We haven't seen an announcement from FOX yet.

Interesting.

Could be a prequel, sequel, reboot, sidequel, spin-off, or something else

It won't be a prequel because those are in charge of Scott and his Prometheus thing.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

It is probably true. I can't see FOX releasing a Prometheus 2 in one year and an Alien 5 in another. The time for a Prometheus sequel has passed.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Well if Prometheus 2 is dead, then Blomkamp has free reign to go that way

I would prefer a sequel. Something inside that Universe a few years past the events of Alien 3. Just pretend Alien 4 doesn't exist.

It doesn't need to be connected to Ripley's story.

Edited by CJohn