CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

OHHHH ALIEN 5!!! Like the 5th film in the Alien franchise!!

I thought it was just a clever title, like District 9 (it's not like that's the 9th film in the "District" series).

Anyways, sounds cool! I still have to watch the others, but I'm wondering why they don't just reboot it, and use Prometheus as starting ground...?

• Like 1

OHHHH ALIEN 5!!! Like the 5th film in the Alien franchise!!

I thought it was just a clever title, like District 9 (it's not like that's the 9th film in the "District" series).

Anyways, sounds cool! I still have to watch the others, but I'm wondering why they don't just reboot it, and use Prometheus as starting ground...?

Because Prometheus was shit. ;)

• Like 2

I suppose we'll get a side order of social commentary with our xenomorph action this time. Maybe the aliens will be downtrodden and abused, and Ripley will be their liberator.

I jest, I'm really looking forward to this. The Alien franchise is my number 1 and Blomkamp seems like a great fit for this.

Mixed emotions. Love the Alien series, but I prefer the horror tone of Alien 1 & 3, and this will most likely be more action oriented. Either way, if it's half as good as Aliens I wont mind either.

I agree, don't get me wrong, "Aliens" is a fantastic sequel but I did enjoy 1 and 3 for the Horror elements.  The only thing that scared me about "Aliens" was the fact there was so many of them.  But Alien 1 and 3 like "SCARED" me cause of how claustrophobic and isolated they were.  Hopefully Neil does a nice balance of Action and Horror but based on his last 3 movies, it's clear they are going for a more "ALIENS" apporach.  I wish Cameron was Producing too so that Ridley and Cameron would be teaming up for "Alien 5" with Neil directing.  

Remember, Alien always has different directors for each movie.   I think "Promethus 2" is first, Neo just said they don't have a script but I'm sure it's being worked on as we speak.  "Alien 5" is just some concept art and a treatment.  It's in it's early stages and i'm sure Neil and Ridley will probably change the concept (Like is HICKS really going to come back? Are they going to Delete Alien 3 and 4 by having Ripley still bein Cryo-Sleep so she was dreaming the whole time?)  I think "Prometheus 2" is probably further along. 

• Like 1