CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

I think the one good thing for sure about this is with Neil Blomkamp doing it, it will be a hard R and not some cheap looking video-gamey crap unlike that new embarrassing Terminator movie coming out this summer.  As good as District 9 was, I'm not sure what to make of Neil Blomkamp as a filmmaker yet because Elysium to me is just unwatchable.  It is a radically different film than District 9 in overall style and execution.  The direction was terrible, it had some impressively bad performances in it, and the story is a blunt, clunky, and uneven mess whereas District 9 flowed perfectly and I wouldn't have been shocked if Sharlto Copley got an oscar nomination for D9.   I reeeally wanted to like Elysium when it came out because the trailers were badass.  And now the trailer for Chappie hardly invokes any excitement or enthusiasm from me, but I hope that Chappie and his Alien movie are good because I'd hate to see him end up like the Wachowkis where he is only remembered for one great film.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

I would be fine pretending Alien 3 and 4 never happened.  Bring back Hicks and just don't even discuss it.  Honestly, I care so little about continuity here b/c it is already screwed up. 

I always thought Alien 3 was a goodish film and, at the same time, a terrible sequel to a franchise.  I hope this movie actually gets it right.  Alien and Aliens are fantastic together, so different, yet they work as a fully-functional story.  I'm just going to wipe Alien 4 from my mind.  And AvP?  I know not of what you speak.

Anyone else think they will forget Alien 3 & 4 ever happened, and just pick up where Aliens left off?

Well in Neil concept art.  Hicks lived but he still has scars from Alien Acid.  They don't have to erase Alien 3 and 4.  All they have to do is say the Colonial Marines cloned Hicks DNA cause he was a great solider:

ripley_hicks.jpg

So he is really going to pretend Alien 3 and Alien 4 never existed? What the hell.

EDIT: Yup, just read is gonna ignore the events of Alien 3 and pretend it never existed. For fucks sake, this is absurd.

Edited by CJohn

So he is really going to pretend Alien 3 and Alien 4 never existed? What the hell.

EDIT: Yup, just read is gonna ignore the events of Alien 3 and pretend it never existed. For fucks sake, this is absurd.

actually this is a great idea. How many people like those two movies? Hell I haven't even bothered to watch them because I hear they are total duds and will just ruin the series for you. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2