grim22

Weekdays thread 3/14-3/17: The Batman 6.37M Monday, 7.1 Tuesday, 5.75 Wednesday, 5.03M Thursday

16 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

There is a new box office game that's very fun. Kind of like Wordle. You're given a random weekend and have to predict the top 5 films.

https://boxofficega.me/

boxofficega.me
September 3, 1982
🏆 970

Jussst managed it, one wrong guess left. Thanks for sharing this! 

8 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

+11% from Mon, -34% from last Tue

Glad it got a little bump compared to last week's flat Tuesday. Not sure if this is considered "good" or not, but I was expecting ~$7m.

EDIT: For reference, Captain Marvel made $7.6m on its 2nd Tuesday.

Edited by Dragoncaine

1 minute ago, Dragoncaine said:

Glad it got a little bump compared to last week's flat Tuesday. Not sure if this is considered "good" or not, but I was expecting ~$7m.

Yeh, being down only -34% from its first Tuesday is excellent. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

400 million should happen? 

At the rate it's going yes. The only way I see it missing is if it drops really hard in April which I don't really see happening, at least not until it's on Max. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ban1o said:

Is it just me or is this  really good for Uncharted??? 

Its good, relative to the current break. But even a more normal drop would have been fantastic week over week. 

Edit** not sure why this is just posting 😂 cause I typed it last night. Oh well. 

Great hold for the Bat and the week over week is great. This is where we old timers need to sounding the drum to NOT be disappointed with a "weak" Friday increase. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

It's still hard to say. If the 3rd weekend ends up over $35 million (which I believe it will) and The Batman domestic gross will be over $301.4m (very probable) after 17 days, than he'll be ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (= $389.8m DOM) with better holds during week days and weekends. So +$390m seems locked at this point, but we can't be sure how much HBO Max premiere will effect on film's legs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

EDIT: For reference, Captain Marvel made $7.6m on its 2nd Tuesday.

Captain Marvel will only make more in the week on Tuesdays. The Wedsneday decreased to 4.5M and The Batman will probably stay flat or drop to 6M range.

• Like 1

Yeah, digital purchase release never makes an impact. At this late in the run only the causal audiences are buying the tickets, and they don't buy digital.

It'll be the video release that stops the run, so expect 4 more great weeks for NWH.

NWH really was the perfect storm.

Edited by Mojoguy

2 hours ago, Coneilg93 said:

so, what are we looking at overall if it continues this trend? $800m- $850m? 

The fact that it’s going to make almost nothing in China isn’t going to help.

2 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Looks like digital release of NWH had no real effect; up 38% from last week. Guess that's the difference between providing something for free on a streaming service *cough*

At this rate NWH might be over 800M by the end of the next weekend. Pretty impressive. But i think it will be out of Top 5 starting from this weekend.