Eric the Fall Guy

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

42 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

8 minutes my god

It's nice to hear them learn the right lessons from the last movie's reception. To Michael Dougherty's credit he tried to boost the monster rampage too, but he got too ambitious and bogged it down with all that conspiracy and ecoterrorism bullshit. Hopefully Wingard gets to do a solo Godzilla movie in the near future, and we get the movie King of the Monsters should've been.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

When can we expect the trailer to drop?

The CCXP panel is set for 3:30 PM EST, which is around 50 minutes away from the writing of this reply. That's when the countdown will begin. Hopefully Warner won't pull a fast one and decide to debut it exclusively with Aquaman 2 screenings instead.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The CCXP panel is set for 3:30 PM EST, which is around 50 minutes away from the writing of this reply. That's when the countdown will begin. Hopefully Warner won't pull a fast one and decide to debut it exclusively with Aquaman 2 screenings instead.

I think it will come out today. Surely WB/Legendary would want to capitalize on the current Godzilla hype coming from Minus One.

13 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I doubt they will wait. The fact that they dropped the Furiosa trailer when it does not come out for another month a half or so after, No reason to play that game with G VK

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I think it will come out today. Surely WB/Legendary would want to capitalize on the current Godzilla hype coming from Minus One.

Just now, emoviefan said:

I doubt they will wait. The fact that they dropped the Furiosa trailer when it does not come out for another month a half or so after, No reason to play that game with G VK

With how dismal Aquaman 2's tracking is looking, you never know. Warner could get desperate and lock the trailer to that movie in a bid to boost its opening weekend. Even with their lack of faith in it it'll still be their biggest movie of the season between Wonka looking like a disappointment and The Colour Purple being dead overseas.

7 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

With how dismal Aquaman 2's tracking is looking, you never know. Warner could get desperate and lock the trailer to that movie in a bid to boost its opening weekend. Even with their lack of faith in it it'll still be their biggest movie of the season between Wonka looking like a disappointment and The Colour Purple being dead overseas.

How much do trailer attachments add to a movie now a days though.  This is not 1998 anymore when the first Phantom Menace trailer went in front of Wing Commander or something like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Sorry i coudnt help but laugh at the thought of that happening. The level of desperation WB would need to reach to see a Godzilla/King Kong movie as a needed hype booster for their big christmas superhero blockbuster. If it actually happens, it would be insanity.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Sorry i coudnt help but laugh at the thought of that happening. The level of desperation WB would need to reach to see a Godzilla/King Kong movie as a needed hype booster for their big christmas superhero blockbuster. If it actually happens, it would be insanity.

It would be crazy. As I said up above they do not do that stuff anymore. Unless your name is Christopher Nolan.