Eric the Fall Guy

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

Without any irony, i have hopes for this in terms of quality ofc, but also regarding the box office. Godzilla vs Kong was a big hit and is also well-liked among fans and casuals, so i do think theres quite a bit of good will there for this.

Im expecting somthing like a 60Mish OW and a worldwide gross close to Kong Skull Island (566M). This is with the assumption, that the movie is as entertaining as GvK.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Without any irony, i have hopes for this in terms of quality ofc, but also regarding the box office. Godzilla vs Kong was a big hit and is also well-liked among fans and casuals, so i do think theres quite a bit of good will there for this.

Im expecting somthing like a 60Mish OW and a worldwide gross close to Kong Skull Island (566M). This is with the assumption, that the movie is as entertaining as GvK.

I'll take a opening and final gross like that.That and Dune 2 are the only movies from early next year right now that look like they have 50+ opening weekend potential.

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

I am not sure this will do as well, but I guess it depends a lot on the trailer. 

If its well-made and fun enough like the last one, it could be a case where it profits from a very barren landscape. I mean really nothing in Feburary - April 2024 (apart Dune 2) screams HUGE HIT to me and this might be a fine movie for many people who just want to have a good time in the theaters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Belakor said:

Monarch TV series is a blast. Best monster related content on tv since the 1998 godzilla cartoon.

Very excited to see whats next for this franchise.

The Monsterverse nailing tv storytelling on the first go while Marvel is an absolute mid fest 10 shows later 

Goodfellas GIF

16 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

The Monsterverse nailing tv storytelling on the first go while Marvel is an absolute mid fest 10 shows later 

Goodfellas GIF

Technically their second go around - there was a kong cartoon over summer lol

6 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

The different Monsterverse IG accounts are posting this set of 9 images:

GACp2KKWAAARQ5u?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like an imminent trailer release.

Between Minus One releasing in a few days and this trailer coming, we Godzilla fans are getting spoiled right now. Not that i would ever complain about that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Between Minus One releasing in a few days and this trailer coming, we Godzilla fans are getting spoiled right now. Not that i would ever complain about that.

I really wish Minus One was seeing an official release here in Turkey. I'm honestly more excited for it than any of the other December tentpoles. I'm sure I'll catch it when it lands on digital, but I wish I could see that in theaters.

On a more hopeful note, New Empire is among my most anticipated movies of next year alongside Deadpool 3, Dune 2 and Jonkler 2. The last movie was the best in the American franchise for significantly boosting the monster battles, and making the human portion an adventure and exploration story instead of the pretentious conspiracy and ecoterrorism bullshit from the second Godzilla movie. It also didn't overly rely on cockteasing like the first one did. Seeing Wingard return makes me hopeful this new one will work as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I really wish Minus One was seeing an official release here in Turkey. I'm honestly more excited for it than any of the other December tentpoles. I'm sure I'll catch it when it lands on digital, but I wish I could see that in theaters.

On a more hopeful note, New Empire is among my most anticipated movies of next year alongside Deadpool 3, Dune 2 and Jonkler 2. The last movie was the best in the American franchise for significantly boosting the monster battles, and making the human portion an adventure and exploration story instead of the pretentious conspiracy and ecoterrorism bullshit from the second Godzilla movie. It also didn't overly rely on cockteasing like the first one did. Seeing Wingard return makes me hopeful this new one will work as well.

What i really appreciate right now with the Godzilla franchise overall is that we get both the Fun-Godzilla with the big, loud monster battles from Hollywood and the darker, more serious Godzilla from Japan. I also agree that GvK went over way better with the GA than G14 or King of the Monsters (i love both to bits, but its clear to see why many in the GA would be a bit frustrated with them).

• Like 1