chasmmi

The Third Grand Annual Best Songs in Movies Countdown Begins!!!... It is a top 111 Extravaganza because there is a lot present in 101-111th

55th - The End - Apocalypse Now

102 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

This neither fortunate son or Da Da Da Da Da, I am confused. 

This song made it feel like Vietnam was not a fun time. I haven't actually seen this film because well... it didn't really appeal to me when I was younger and now... it still doesn't appeal to me. But it seems to be doing a good job with its soundtrack. 

• Like 6

54th - If I were a Rich Man - Fiddler on the Roof

105 Points - 1 FIRST PLACE 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

The world would be better if more rich men just Biddy Biddy Bummed all day long

Now here we are back in the realm of the Golden age of the  Hollywood musical. Just the sort of musical that was forced upon me as a child to the point of total rejection (at least this isn't seven brides for seven brothers). This film almost missed the list entirely, but it was saved by a late flurry, 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53rd - This is Halloween - Nightmare Before Xmas

105 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

Ah the second best song from the second best Christmas musical 

Also, Shame on all of you for ignoring Muppet Xmas Carol!! But back to the nightmare at hand. It is good to see this film get represented as it really is a good musical time and antidote to the usual Disney style animated song. It is also that right level of PG Horrifying. 

• Like 4

52nd - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

106 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

Is this the first entry to have two top 10 votes? I think it may be. No way to confirm though, impossible. 

The best song ever sung by a candlestick, hands down. As we approach the top half of the list, it is time for the true Disney big boys to appear and Beauty and the Beast is one of 4 or 5 Disney animations that has a shot of landing the ultimate number one spot. Or who knows, it will just blow its load early and we'll see another song in like two place's time. 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

51st - Don't You Forget About Me - The Breakfast Club

106 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

Technically, this was also eligible for Pitch Perfect and Bumblebee too

I prefer to look at this as a prequel for the Power Rangers Reboot a few years back. Either way, it is another one of those iconic 80s theme tracks that would have finished 12th if this was a poll done in 2003, but is now fighting for its life to stay relevant as many of its brethren drop out of the top 100 completely. A sad time.  

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, chasmmi said:

51st - Don't You Forget About Me - The Breakfast Club

106 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

Technically, this was also eligible for Pitch Perfect and Bumblebee too

I prefer to look at this as a prequel for the Power Rangers Reboot a few years back. Either way, it is another one of those iconic 80s theme tracks that would have finished 12th if this was a poll done in 2003, but is now fighting for its life to stay relevant as many of its brethren drop out of the top 100 completely. A sad time.  

this song and moment are OVERRATED

• Like 1

50th - Belle - Beauty and the Beast

106 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

Cue the Winonas...

Yep it is the song that young girls everywhere sang along to hoping that they would one day be the Belle of their story only to discover they were destined to be the woman that needs six eggs. 

I like this song. As time goes by, this grows on me more and more to the point that it may just even be my fav...sec...thir... joint third favourite song from the film. 

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

49th - Please Mr. Kennedy - Inside Llyewellellleynn Davis

108 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

That's the guy who plays Moon Knight! and also Moon Knight! and Moon Knight! and...

I jest, I knows it the guy who built the Alicia Vikander Sexbot...or something. I wasn't quite sure exactly what happened but it made the dude so mad he essentially became Ginger Darth Hitler in later life... I may be getting that wrong also.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

48th - SuperCaliGoBallisticCelticAreAtrocious - Mary Bobbins

108 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

See, Julie Andrews can do a good musical! :) 

Even though the title is a tad atrocious, this song works due to the precocious talent of the voice cast. I have also heard that if you say it to your girl, she may become your wife and that is certainly a method than utilizing Good Luck Chuck.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, chasmmi said:

48th - SuperCaliGoBallisticCelticAreAtrocious - Mary Bobbins

108 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

See, Julie Andrews can do a good musical! :) 

Even though the title is a tad atrocious, this song works due to the precocious talent of the voice cast. I have also heard that if you say it to your girl, she may become your wife and that is certainly a method than utilizing Good Luck Chuck.

Fuck Celtic! 

• Haha 1

47th -Fight The Power - Do the Right Thing

108 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

I want to have an opinion, but all I have to go on is the nice lady dancing in boxing gloves. 

I know the film has a strong reputation. I know this opening has a strong reputation. So I will just leave things at that and assume that it deserves to be here and possibly needs to be higher, 

• Like 8

46th -The Immigrant Song - Thor Ragnarok

109 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

Not going to lie, I love that this is here. 

This song really felt like it was written for the scene, it worked so well. Ragnarok is a wonderful film that blessed us with wonderful things and this soundtrack was one of them. 

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

45th -Stuck in the Middle With You - Reservoir Dogs

110 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

This scene can leave one tickled pink, or blonde, or black, or whatever.

Probably one of the first scenes that comes to mind when you think of a scene where the cast is aware of the music being played. It is one of the most fun torture interrogation scenes out there and that clearly counts for something. 

• Like 6

44th -Hearts on Fire - Rocky IV

111 Points - 1 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

I mean, sometimes you just gotta montage. 

Now to be fair this is like almost a top 3 Rocky Song and also the second best song new to Rocky 4. This is middling praise right there, To be even more fair, Rocky is pretty much the best franchise out there when it comes to creating a montage. They are the best at it bar... well none. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43rd -Every Sperm is Sacred - Meaning of Life

111 Points - 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

Film literally blows its load in the opening 10 minutes. 

I love the idea that Python were given a proper budget for this film because of Life of Brian and they just went and blew it all on one big musical number. If true, what a wonderful musical number it is as well. The best song about ejaculate in cinema.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

42nd -Scotty Doesn't Know - Eurotrip

111 Points - 1 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

In a world of 14,000 Matt Damon Cameos, this may still be the best.

I also love how this song also low key becomes a worldwide phenomenon in universe as the film unfolds. Eurotrip is a film in the vain of things like Old School as a stupid sounding film that has no right to be any good, yet it is blimming fantastic. Gotta love that this made the list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

42nd -Scotty Doesn't Know - Eurotrip

111 Points - 1 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

In a world of 14,000 Matt Damon Cameos, this may still be the best.

I also love how this song also low key becomes a worldwide phenomenon in universe as the film unfolds. Eurotrip is a film in the vain of things like Old School as a stupid sounding film that has no right to be any good, yet it is blimming fantastic. Gotta love that this made the list. 

What is wrong with you people, so low?! 

41st -I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Armageddon

116 Points -  0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

Best Michael Bay Film and banger of a Ballad to boot.

Always a special moment when your dad is singing the theme to your sex scene I assume. 

Either way, I like this song, I like this film, and I like this combination of film and song. What more can there be to ask for?

• Like 5

40th -Gaston - Beauty and the Beast

116 Points -  0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

He's especially good at expectorating

More Disney, more Beauty and the Beast, and more wonderful villain song shenanigans. That is now three beauty and the Beast songs all within about 10 points of each other which points to how consistent the soundtrack to this film was. There may be one more still to come also...  

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

39th -Llorando - Muholland Drive

117 Points -  1 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

I thought this was an ABBA song

So we have another song that was the top of one voter's list and another song from a film I have not seen. Looking at the video it appears to be a sad song sung in ...probably Spanish that makes two blonde ladies cry. I am not in the best position to comment on whether this is top 100 worthy, so I will not. 

• Like 6