chasmmi

The Third Grand Annual Best Songs in Movies Countdown Begins!!!... It is a top 111 Extravaganza because there is a lot present in 101-111th

22nd - Let it Go - Frozen

153 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

From one religion to another...

I lose track of films like this, Is Frozen currently going through an underrated phase or an overrated phase? Either way, as an English teacher of small children in Korea, I heard this song...a lot. Somehow, I never managed to find myself hating it, even when little Minji was belting out the one verse they knew over and over. Therefore, I have to accept it is a pretty solid song. 

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

21st - Star Spangled Man - Captain America The First Avenger

157 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

Ah, so the MCU's like 3rd... 4th worst film had a song in it. Cool. 

It's hard to remember the specific parts of a very forgettable film, but look at all the pretty people in all their spangly outfits. If this is the auld god that we have to satiate in order to get Scotty Doesn't Know and Every Sperm onto the list, then so be it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

20th - Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters

158 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

I believe that this is the highest ranking game to not get a top 10 vote.

It's a classic. What else can be said more than just this is one of the ultimate movie theme songs. It may not be a film that adds to a scene or elicits emotions connected to moments in the film, but it is still an ultimate movie theme song and a solid start to the top 10. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, chasmmi said:

20th - Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters

158 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

I believe that this is the highest ranking game to not get a top 10 vote.

It's a classic. What else can be said more than just this is one of the ultimate movie theme songs. It may not be a film that adds to a scene or elicits emotions connected to moments in the film, but it is still an ultimate movie theme song and a solid start to the top 10. 

Start of the top 20, you haven't been going quite that fast. 😉

19th - America - West Side Story

165 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

Classic Musicals have returned it seems. 

Not sure if the 2021 remake helped or hindered this placement on the list, but either way, it is another song from the world of classic Hollywood musicals making an appearance and a strong appearance too, being in the top 20 as it is. As for me, I think it's kind of fine. 

• Like 3

18th - All Star - Shrek

168 Points - 1 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

May as well finish here. This is the peak of any list right now. 

All jokes aside, this is a great opening song that has become synonymous with the Wayne Rooney franchise. Shrek has a bit of an odd life seeing as it began as a subversion of Disney tropes before slowly falling more and more into the molds it was trying to break. But, it will always have All Star, the best Smash Mouth song to ever feature in a film. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

17th - The Power of Love - Back to the Future

174 Points - 0 FIRST, 1 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

The Smash Mouth of the 80s. 

Another great opening song to another great film that is beloved by a generation. I am pleasantly surprised to see this song do so well as I thought that it would maybe top out in the 50s somewhere. As it goes, it has broken into the top 20, and I am very much here for this. 

• Like 6

16th - The Man that Got Away - A Star is Born

177 Points - 0 FIRST, 1 Top 5 Vote, 2 top 10

This is from the... second Star is Born? Third one?

When there are so many Star is Borns out there, it makes sense that multiple versions of the film can contribute songs to the top 100. This also continues the 20th century's strong run of songs in this top 20 so far, with only Shrek flying the flag for team 21st century like the bally hero that it is. 

• Like 5

15th - When you Wish Upon a Star - Pinocchio

177 Points - 1 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

The defacto Disney theme song plummets to a dismal 15th. 

One of the absolute OGs of Disney musical songs, Pinocchio continues its run in the top 20 despite this being the lowest ever placing to my memory. It is a classic piece of Disney soundtrack and even if it is in reality a pretty slow, pretty dull, dirge, it is still an all time well known song that will definitely outlive nonsense such as whatever I may be writing. 

• Like 4

On 6/2/2022 at 6:07 AM, chasmmi said:

18th - All Star - Shrek

168 Points - 1 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 0 top 10

May as well finish here. This is the peak of any list right now. 

All jokes aside, this is a great opening song that has become synonymous with the Wayne Rooney franchise. Shrek has a bit of an odd life seeing as it began as a subversion of Disney tropes before slowly falling more and more into the molds it was trying to break. But, it will always have All Star, the best Smash Mouth song to ever feature in a film. 

An all-star pick 

14th - Pure Imagination - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

179 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

Does this count as a villain song?

I'm kind of pleasantly surprised that this somehow made it this high. I mean, it felt odds on for the top 100, but when when Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, and the ilk cannot breach the top 40, this making 14th just feels like a big overreach and I am very okay with that as it is a lovely little song that introduces the factory. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13th - Deliver Us - The Prince of Egypt

181 Points - 0 FIRST, 2 Top 5 Vote, 2 top 10

The only song outside the top 8 to receive 4 to 10 votes. 

Did I mention before that this film has a rabid fanbase of people that consider it among the creme de la creme of animation. This song made a really big play for the top 10 at times before finally falling away as the last few lists forsaked, forsakened, forsook? it. 

Like I said before, this is a strong song, from a film with a strong soundtrack. I may not consider it top 20 fare, but I respect it. 

• Like 4

12th - I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan

182 Points - 0 FIRST, 2 Top 5 Vote, 1 top 10

The second best song on this list ends up 12th. For Shame!!!

Let's get down to business and defeat the maniacs that for whatever reason did not vote for this! This is the song lads and ladettes (I mean bar, the true number 1), This is the greatest montage ever, this is the greatest hype song ever, and it is just the best thing and one day it will make the top 10 as is its destiny. 

Also, quick bonus, if you think Jackie doing the song is something special, check out his piece de resistance:

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

11th - Eye of the Tiger - Rocky 3

191 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 2 top 10

The ultimate Rocky song from the 4th best Rocky film (maybe) 

You gotta love a Rocky Song. They really knew how to put a song into their film series whether it is Gonna Fly Now, this, or Living in America. I never watched A Team so know nothing about its cultural impact or any lasting effect on TV and film, but that being said, I really do pity and fool that hasn't watched the Rocky series (You can potentially give 5 a miss) and the great songs that went with them. 

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

10th - Lose Yourself - Eminem: The Movie 8 Mile

192 Points - 0 FIRST, 0 Top 5 Vote, 2 top 10

If I had one shot, and one opportunity... I'd ask for a mulligan after letting it slip. 

We begin the top ten with a film that was never supposed to be as good as it was. Even if it was just Eminem playing himself, that doesn't really matter, it was still a really damn good performance with a fantastic title song, which is so synonymous with the film you sometimes forget that he never actually raps this during the movie itself. Either way, great theme to a pretty good film. 

• Like 7

On 5/27/2022 at 6:52 AM, chasmmi said:

the MCU's like 3rd... 4th worst film had a song in it. Cool. 

This is literally a one-way ticket to Suplex city. I’m just saying
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You know our dearest Chas has "interesting" taste

And we love him for it!! But sometimes we need to have a realty check!!!