baumer

Weekend Actuals (THG 33.1 mill)

It's incredibly windy here in Mississauga today. Is it windy in your part of the GTA fishnets?

It`s windy but nice windy not wind chill windy. But i`m at Financial centre now so maybe big buildings save the day. I`ll see how it is in the park in the open.

THG's Saturday and Sunday holds were virtually identical to "Blades of Glory" - the no. 1 film on Easter weekend in 2007. Blades of Glory fell 43% on Monday. Assuming THG follows this pattern Monday should be around 4M.

THG's Saturday and Sunday holds were virtually identical to "Blades of Glory" - the no. 1 film on Easter weekend in 2007. Blades of Glory fell 43% on Monday. Assuming THG follows this pattern Monday should be around 4M.

Sounds about right.

Nice for Housefull 2. First Hindi film to crack the top 10, even if it was complete trash

I was wondering what this was. Came out of nowhere. Made more money than John Carter this weekend.Only in 121 theaters. That is quite impressive.

I was wondering what this was. Came out of nowhere. Made more money than John Carter this weekend.Only in 121 theaters. That is quite impressive.

There have been several Bollywood films that have opened as high as $1.5-2 million, but unless I'm mistaken, none have ever broken into the top 10 before

I don't like Twilight but I must admit the hateful attitude toward the films and their fans is pretty deplorable. Also, I find it funny how people try to undermine the success of those films. I have no interest in Twilight but the fact they can reach close to HP number domestically despite having a more limited audience is really impressive

Its really shocking for America...I am worried about her future. :P

There have been several Bollywood films that have opened as high as $1.5-2 million, but unless I'm mistaken, none have ever broken into the top 10 before

I don't know. Fake would know though. There was another Bollywood film that was in the top 20 one weekend and then disappeared. I'm thinking it was the top 20. This was pretty recent. Fake knew what it was off the bat. LOL why do you call it garbage?

I don't know. Fake would know though. There was another Bollywood film that was in the top 20 one weekend and then disappeared. I'm thinking it was the top 20. This was pretty recent. Fake knew what it was off the bat. LOL why do you call it garbage?

Agneepath is the only recent film to open that high. Off the top of my head, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Om Shanti Om, Jodhaa Akbar, Don, Fanaa, Dhoom 2, Chak de India, Don 2, My Name is Khan, Raajneeti, Housefull, Singh is Kinng, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Love Aaj Kal, Veer-Zaara, Kites, Devdas, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Kaminey, Taal, U Me Aur Hum, Sarkar Raj, Namastey London, Mohabbatein, Krrish, Dostana, Yaadein, Partner, De Dana Dan, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Salaam Namaste, New York, Hum Tum, Swades, Waqt, Chalte Chalte, Raavan, Agneepath, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, Rockstar, Tees Maar Khan, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanaam, Kaante, Omkara, Guzaarish, Ra1, and Paheli have ALL opened in the top 20. Many of those have opened as high as top 12, and now I'm thinking a couple may have hit #10. Also, I called it trash because it looked awful, and from what I've heard, it IS awful.

Did you see the promo for 'Rowdy Rathore', spizzer? Akshay seems to be going Salman-route.

I've read quite a bit on it, but I'll check out the promo right now. I can't say I'm a fan of the "Salman-route" right now, I enjoyed Wanted, but I haven't really liked any of his films after that. That said, Bhansali's involvement has got me interested, and I'll definitely give it a watch

Ehh, the trailer was a bit meh, but its still got time to pull me in.I loved Akki's work in Tashan, which IMO, was a semi-brilliant movie that was one of Bollywood's recent attempts at meta-referencing, providing commentary on the clash between the old era of film vs the new. Sad that YRF completely targeted the wrong audience, as well as the fact that it opened literally the week of the multiplex-distributor dispute. Though Rowdy Rathore is obviously a completely different type of film, Akshay's returning to the type of role that I've typically liked him in, so I'll definitely check it out. The trailer however, looked like overkill, he was very clearly hamming lines, but I guess from a commercial standpoint, this is the kind of stuff that pulls the audiences. I look forward to see how it plays out.

Edited by spizzer

Ehh, the trailer was a bit meh, but its still got time to pull me in.I loved Akki's work in Tashan, which IMO, was a semi-brilliant movie that was one of Bollywood's recent attempts at meta-referencing, providing commentary on the clash between the old era of film vs the new. Sad that YRF completely targeted the wrong audience, as well as the fact that it opened literally the week of the multiplex-distributor dispute. Though Rowdy Rathore is obviously a completely different type of film, Akshay's returning to the type of role that I've typically liked him in, so I'll definitely check it out. The trailer however, looked like overkill, he was very clearly hamming lines, but I guess from a commercial standpoint, this is the kind of stuff that pulls the audiences. I look forward to see how it plays out.

Yeah... the dialogues were a bit over-the-top, but I liked Akshay's look and the overall look of the movie... I think he will fit in these type of roles better than Salman. Commercially it will be a blockbuster no doubt (I am locking 100-crore right now based on the reception it got in theaters), but it will be interesting to see how this will turn out quality-wise. I am hoping to see it in Wanted territory, rather than Bodyguard territory.This is also a welcome change for Akshay who has been busy with all those stupid comedies these past couple of years.