Eric is Quiet

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, mitchellsilver said:

Why the hell should they recast AH. She looks like a victim of abuse from this ongoing trial. Just like the one in UK. No Company fires a victim. Is that the kind of World you live in. Yikes 

It looks like there is no victim in this case at all

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

The footage and everything from Elvis was fucking incredible.  It's pure Baz and anyone thinking he is making some boring straight forward biopic is absurdly mistaken.  I was also shocked how good Austin Butler is in the extended footage.  This will be a Gatsby type hit for WB. 

Imagine if this opens to 50 with Rocketman legs, the Golden Globes are gonna overdose on this bad boy

10 and a quarter hours left until Disney! And I'm frankly not expecting much besides Avatar 2. Any future Star Wars movie announcements will likely be saved for Celebration next month, and I imagine Marvel will likely hold back as well until they're ready in their own terms. Disney will likely focus on their own live action and animated fare out of necessity. I hate spoiler culture so much.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

14 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is hyperbolic. Screenings literally need a specific amount of demographics, etc. Nobody is deliberately excluded due to orientation, etc. That's nonsense. My friend is gay and got in. It's also test screened multiple times in different coasts

Nah it’s happened before, they did the same with the Nicole Kidman Bewitched film and Stepford Wives back in the day, because they didn’t want a skewed score. 

5.5 hours until the Disney panel. I think it’s obvious we will get something for Avatar 2 but I’m curious if we get something unexpected. I can’t imagine they will give any MCU or SW announcements, nor do I expect any new trailers/footage from those properties (except maybe a full length L&T trailer that the doesn’t get released to the public for another month.)

Im guessing it’ll lean heavier on Disney live-action and WDAS/Pixar.

51 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

5.5 hours until the Disney panel. I think it’s obvious we will get something for Avatar 2 but I’m curious if we get something unexpected. I can’t imagine they will give any MCU or SW announcements, nor do I expect any new trailers/footage from those properties (except maybe a full length L&T trailer that the doesn’t get released to the public for another month.)

Im guessing it’ll lean heavier on Disney live-action and WDAS/Pixar.

I imagine they'll be announcing the voice cast of Strange World and giving dates to movies either in production or about to be like Snow White and Barry Jenkins' Lion King prequel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I imagine they'll be announcing the voice cast of Strange World and giving dates to movies either in production or about to be like Snow White and Barry Jenkins' Lion King prequel.

Also guessing maybe like the first half hour of Lightyear or maybe a surprise screening.

The screening is one hour and forty five minutes going with gut and saying it’s a Lightyear screening and a few minutes of Avatwo as I think they’ll want the stuff for 2023 onward for their D23 screening. Also it happened with Inside Out iirc.

Edited by YourMother

Avatar 2 finally confirmed at CinemaCon. Just as intriguing here is the inclusion of the Lucasfilm logo, since they haven't made any of their future cinematic plans clear after Rogue Squadron got shelved. Again, Celebration being the very next month leads me to believe Star Wars won't have a major presence there, but putting the Lucasfilm logo on the Coliseum door is very suspect.

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Avatar 2 finally confirmed at CinemaCon. Just as intriguing here is the inclusion of the Lucasfilm logo, since they haven't made any of their future cinematic plans clear after Rogue Squadron got shelved. Again, Celebration being the very next month leads me to believe Star Wars won't have a major presence there, but putting the Lucasfilm logo on the Coliseum door is very suspect.

They got Indy 5 which wrapped a few weeks back.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

I fully expect the Disney panel is also carving out time to discuss what champions for diversity they are as a way of addressing recent controversies (hopefully without actually addressing said controversies directly, save that for another time and keep the focus on what they have coming up).

Edited by filmlover