Eric is Smiling

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

4 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

It won't even have meh legs? Also, are we sure sub $200M OS-China is happening? Last one made nearly $300m. Sure it's not gonna fall harder than in America?

Presales are looking pretty good. But nothing hollywood does 300 mill these days(are you sure V2 did so much??)

If reviews are good it could easy do over 100 mill there

6 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Presales are looking pretty good. But nothing hollywood does 300 mill these days(are you sure V2 did so much??)

If reviews are good it could easy do over 100 mill there

I'm speaking about overseas box office sans China, not in China. Venom 2 did not release there at all. Speaking on the projection above me, that this one will only make $180m OS sans China, when last one pulled $293m in October 2021. Only things to do better when removing the Chinese market that year were No Way Home, No Time to Die and F9 (but not by much). Sure, some blockbusters that year had to deal with date-and-date, but still.

2 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

I'm speaking about overseas box office sans China, not in China. Venom 2 did not release there at all. Speaking on the projection above me, that this one will only make $180m OS sans China, when last one pulled $293m in October 2021. Only things to do better when removing the Chinese market that year were No Way Home, No Time to Die and F9 (but not by much). Sure, some blockbusters that year had to deal with date-and-date, but still.

Sorry. I misunderstood

There is also bad reports for OS numbers or is that just a gut feeling?

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

New projection:

DOM: 125

China: 100

WW: 405

Oof

I don’t know why you’re believing too much in trackings that has always failed and lowballed Venom movies. Venom is going to do well domestically, it’s a walk ups heavy franchise.

Edited by leoh
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Not sure when this trend started on here of people being in absolute denial over our personal trackers but it's quite annoying.

because they were also absolutely wrong lowballing previous Venom movie as well ? Maybe it’s because of this?

Edited by leoh

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

No they were not, the tone had absolutely shifted for it by this time.

they were absolutely wrong not even close to LTBC 90M opening weekend. They were wrong before so why should I believe they are right now? And it’s not a problem with trackers themselves, they try their best, but it’s almost impossible to project walk ups, specially walk up heavy movies like Venom. Both Venom 1 and 2 overperformed all projections making way more than what’s expected.

Edited by leoh

Just now, leoh said:

they were absolutely wrong not even close to LTBC 90M opening weekend. They were wrong before so why should I believed they are right now? And it’s not a problem with trackers themselves, they try their best, but it’s almost impossible to project walk ups, specially walk up heavy movies like Venom. Both Venom 1 and 2 performed all projections making way more than what’s expected.

You can literally go back and read the thread from that time, by Venom 2's final week it was shaping up to be big. That is not happening this time. Our trackers know what they're doing, stop being in denial because your pet movie you haven't even seen yet isn't doing well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

You can literally go back and read the thread from that time, by Venom 2's final week it was shaping up to be big. That is not happening this time. Our trackers know what they're doing, stop being in denial because your pet movie you haven't even seen yet isn't doing well.

big for them was 60 million, all of them agreed Venom would make less than first Venom movie. Venom in fact made 90M. You can read as well in the same thread you just sent me. Not only them, but the industry projections were fully lowballing Venom 2 just like they did with Venom 1. So you’re basically asking me to rely on projections that were *always* wrong for lowballing Venom box office.

Edited by leoh

1 minute ago, leoh said:

big for them was 60 million, all of them agreed Venom would make less than first Venom movie. Venom in fact made 90M. You can read as well in the same thread you just sent me. Not only them, but the industry projections were fully lowballing Venom 2 just like they did with Venom 1. So you’re basically asking me to rely on projections with always lowballed Venom box office.

Its projections were going up every single day in the tracking thread, not down. It's not having the pre-sales needed to get this insane last minute push you're saying. You don't think people in the thread are accounting for the exact same thing you're saying? When the bad first day pre-sales were posted everyone was saying 'But this will probably change like last time' until it became clear that no, this time is different. 

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Its projections were going up every single day in the tracking thread, not down. It's not having the pre-sales needed to get this insane last minute push you're saying. You don't think people in the thread are accounting for the exact same thing you're saying? When the bad first day pre-sales were posted everyone was saying 'But this will probably change like last time' until it became clear that no, this time is different. 

do I need to show you their final projections for LTBC or you can do it by yourself? Because it’s as simple as go and check their final projections for LTBC, all of them wrong for lowballing the movie opening weekend. It’s pretty simple and as much you want you can’t change what they said. And once again, not a problem with them, Venom movies always make way more money than what was projected because Venom movies have always big walk ups, and you can’t track walk ups before they actually happen.

2 minutes ago, leoh said:

do I need to show you their final projections for LTBC or you can do it by yourself? Because it’s as simple as go and check their final projections for LTBC, all of them wrong for lowballing the movie opening weekend. It’s pretty simple and as much you want you can’t change what they said. And once again, not a problem with them, Venom movies always make way more money than what was projected because Venom movies have always big walk ups, and you can’t track walk ups before they actually happen.

Final projections of 75-80 million by everyone is not a 'lowball'. It did like 12-17 million more which is impressive but not some insane change like you're saying. The daily changes that were pointing to that breakout is not happening with Venom 3, I hate to burst your bubble.

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Final projections of 75-80 million by everyone is not a 'lowball'. It did like 12-17 million more which is impressive but not some insane change like you're saying. The daily changes that were pointing to that breakout is not happening with Venom 3, I hate to burst your bubble.

nope, they didn’t. At this point you’re literally making up things lol

people (who care) just need to click on the link. 

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

New projection:

DOM: 125

China: 100

WW: 405

Oof

I mean, 400M as a floor would still make this profitable.

I think anything over 500M for this is possible with a positive reception and a win. It was never going to do Carnage numbers once the first trailer came out I guess.