Eric Twister

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

4 hours ago, JWR said:

If I had to guess, I think we get a full trailer in March, an advanced screening at some film festival or convention in April or May, and then a Flurry of ads/interviews after The Little Mermaid is out.

Sounds good to me.

I'm just hoping for another classic Pixar entry, both in terms of the movie itself and the box office.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I hope it doesn't eventually movie, though I predict it will. If it stays this is going to be a fun weekend!

June is a crazy month and I really hope this finds an audience and be leggy until summer ends. Disney should allow it to stay longer.

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

Disney is always part of the pigskin show and expect no less this year as it’s poised to tout spots for Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5), The Little Mermaid (May 26), Pixar’s Elemental (June 16) and possibly Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30) and Marvel Studios’ The Marvels (July 28). No spots for Disney+’s Secret Invasion are expected.

• Like 1

I can't recall the last time a Pixar film got a Super Bowl ad. But I think this could mean a couple of things:

1. They're REALLY confident in this one and think they've got a winner on their hands.

2. They're trying to over correct for the poor marketing campaign of their past animated offerings.

3. They're doing this to celebrate their centennial. 

4. All of the above. 

I believe the last one that got a Super Bowl ad was either WALL-E or Up. Nice that they're apparently shelling out big buck marketing for it but not holding my breath for something that will convince skeptics. Anticipating something that emphasizes dudebro-y one liners.

EDIT: Actually seems Inside Out and Toy Story 4 got one too judging from a quick google search

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Seth Irskens said:

Do you guys think the little mermaid and elemental will be tv spots to advertise watch full trailer now online at the superbowl or will they be just tv spots? I would love personally to see a full trailer on that weekend. 

Probably trailers, at least for TLM. Do they make TV spots for movies without full trailers?

Not unusual for SB ads to be released w no trailer. I think the first Captain America trailer didn't come out until like a month after the Super Bowl ad.

Not a whole lot of options target audience wise the next month though to attach a trailer so I feel like the Super Bowl is as good a time as any to release one 

That's a LOT of trailers! I recall being disappointed most years.

I suspected Little Mermaid because of the leaks out there (which I CANNOT find for the life of me). GOTG3 is probably expected and a very short Antman would make sense, but it would be a regular short TV spot.

Toy Story 4 had a Superbowl trailer/sneak peak in 2019.

Is this all because the SB is on Fox and Disney owns Fox?

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Is this all because the SB is on Fox and Disney owns Fox?

Fox the network isn’t owned by Disney, that’s still with the Murdochs. Disney bought 21st Century Fox which was most of Fox’s media assets outside of News and Sports.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1