EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

ummm  JW 3 made 171M domestic

Jurassic World 3? That's an opening weekend number I hope.

Oh wait this convo is about John Wick nvm. I wouldn't mind a 171M domestic opening for Jurassic World.

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

You mean the 1st 1? The last 1 did 171M domestic.

Quit while your ahead. Its embarrassing. 

How about if Bullet Train makes 170m DOM I'll quit the forums for a month?

But if doesn't you quit for a month?

:sparta:

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

What has that got to do with "The last John Wick only did 43M and Bullet Train is niche?"

• Like 1

Just now, Ronin46 said:

What has that got to do with "The last John Wick only did 43M and Bullet Train is niche?"

Well Bullet Train is evidently on the same level as John Wick so I'm assuming you're taking the bet?

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You said Bullet Train is niche, so whats that 10-20M total domestic? Set the bar for what you consider niche and then we can talk about quitting the forum.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Well Bullet Train is evidently on the same level as John Wick so I'm assuming you're taking the bet?

I did not say that. Someone else did. You said its niche. There is a whole world between niche and John Wick. 

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

You said Bullet Train is niche, so whats that 10-20M total domestic? Set the bar for what you consider niche and then we can talk about quitting the forum.

Is it on John Wick level or not?

1 hour ago, superduperm said:

I’m telling you, there is no way $25M is a real estimate.

Look up some of the most frontloaded films in history like the Twilight and Harry Potter sequels (Eclipse and HP8 for example), both of which opened in the prime of summer and skewed younger. Even those had double-digit increases on their second Saturdays.

The absolute floor for Top Gun today is 29. And even that would be disappointing; that would be the same exact increase as opening weekend true Friday to Saturday.

Anything less and I’ll wonder what in the heck happened.

I personally think it gets to at least $29-$30 for Saturday 

But it’s also important to understand this is not in any way a “typical” blockbuster … but I’ll wait until we have more definitive estimates to opine further 

Is it on John Wick level or not?

If you dont like whats asked reframe the question to something else to divert people from the fact you dont have a clue what your talking about.

Political speak 101.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

I did not say that. Someone else did. You said its niche. There is a whole world between niche and John Wick. 

Well I think if a Brad Pitt movie makes 30-40 m that's pretty niche compared to Top Gun 2 which was my original point.

Well I think if a Brad Pitt movie makes 30-40 m that's pretty niche compared to Top Gun 2 which was my original point.

30-40M total domestic is what your saying?