Eric the Ape

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Good for Viswanathan getting the increased exposure but has to sting for the project overall that it's now lost two actors that have been in the midst of major awards sweeps in recent weeks.

I mean they aren't the main leads or anything, it's not like Pugh dropped out. They never even officially announced Sentry as being in the movie.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good for Viswanathan getting the increased exposure but has to sting for the project overall that it's now lost two actors that have been in the midst of major awards sweeps in recent weeks.

Yeah, this is a pretty bad omen for Marvel. And I have a feeling they won't be the last to jump ship. Who's to say that, for example, Pedro Pascal won't decide to drop out of Fantastic Four? Or what if Mahershala Ali decides he's had enough and leaves too?

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

A lot of people online can’t seem to handle the idea that “scheduling issues” can sometimes actually be scheduling issues. Especially after two strikes.

The truth most likely lies somewhere inbetween. Scheduling issues probably were major factors to both departures, but Marvel's recent woes may have influenced their views and led them to ultimately move on to greener pastures.

Yeah, the original plan was probably that Ayo would film this while on break from The Bear (which is also made under the Disney umbrella), and the strikes messed that up by affecting both projects, so something had to give and it had to be this.

Though losing a pair of people having a moment for those who are not quite in the same position career-wise (although Pullman is appearing like a solid contender for the desolate-looking Limited Supporting Actor Emmy field this fall) will automatically look like a downgrade on paper regardless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Yeah, this is a pretty bad omen for Marvel. And I have a feeling they won't be the last to jump ship. Who's to say that, for example, Pedro Pascal won't decide to drop out of Fantastic Four? Or what if Mahershala Ali decides he's had enough and leaves too?

None of the main leads of Thunderbolts have left so I have no earthly idea why you assume totally unrelated projects would. The reason for FFs shooting was even delayed specifically to accomodate Pascals schedule.

4 hours ago, movies!movies! said:

Geraldine Viswanathan has "Drive-Away Dolls" coming out, which I'm very interested in as a Coen brother directed movie, so that's exciting at least.

Still, Ayo Edebiri is amazing, shame.

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean they aren't the main leads or anything, it's not like Pugh dropped out. They never even officially announced Sentry as being in the movie.

There's still time... 😆

21 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Um...as far as I'm aware, he hasn't signed on, yet...officially ;-)   (As in, being officially announced in the Hollywood Trades -- and sometimes even they are "wrong" or behind the eight-ball). 

20 minutes ago, Macleod said:

There's still time... 😆

Um...as far as I'm aware, he hasn't signed on, yet...officially 😉   (As in, being officially announced in the Hollywood Trades -- and sometimes even they are "wrong" or behind the eight-ball). 

They moved filming specifically to accomodate his schedule. They wouldn't do that if he weren't the guy.

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They moved filming specifically to accomodate his schedule. They wouldn't do that if he weren't the guy.

Why says this?  If it's not in the trades, I'll have trouble buying it.  "Scheduling is a factor" are the quotes I read...back in November(!)  The latest delays are (apparently) for Screenplay changes...again (although this could be at Pascal's request, I suppose...)

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Why says this?  If it's not in the trades, I'll have trouble buying it.  "Scheduling is a factor" are the quotes I read...back in November(!)  The latest delays are (apparently) for Screenplay changes...again (although this could be at Pascal's request, I suppose...)

Marvel does rewrites all the time. It's been reported by every credible trades that Pascal is the guy.

6 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Maybe I'm a bad person but I was hoping they would delete this movie

I feel like they're too far along now to pull the plug, and/or are proud of what they have now after the creative overhaul last year. We'll just have to wait and see at this point.