Eric the Marxist

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

My theory is that whatever is going on with Thunderbolts*, it needs Brave New World for context. I think the focus now will be fully on Brave New World, with Thunderbolts*, Fantastic Four and Superman getting Super Bowl reveals.

There will be a trailer for this no later than Dec for Mufassa or whatever. They can cut together a setup/money shot trailer that does not spoil BNW. There is no way they are waiting to Brave New World's release.

Edited by emoviefan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

My theory is that whatever is going on with Thunderbolts*, it needs Brave New World for context. I think the focus now will be fully on Brave New World, with Thunderbolts*, Fantastic Four and Superman getting Super Bowl reveals.

This don't have much connection, actually. My guess is second trailer of CA4 in november and first trailer of Thunderbolts in december. Fantastic Four in february/Super Bowl.

• Like 1

As for the movie itself, Lee Sung Jin (Beef) and Joanna Calo (The Bear) are the screenwriters. Just the two most awarded series of the last season.

So yeah, i'm expecting something good. But regarding the box office, i'm not confident. Anyways, saying anything before the marketing campaign is a waste of time.

• Like 3

More leaks, specifically audio leaks and some shots of new costumes for Ghost, USAgent and Taskmaster. Ghost is basically a black and white version of this outfit (with predator triangle dots for the eyes), and Walkers is his costume from the end of FATWS except he has a short beard, and the suit may be a different material or possibly just damaged

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGBLFqCuuXQSvAAx0TT2f

Edited by SpiderByte

12 hours ago, Durden said:

As for the movie itself, Lee Sung Jin (Beef) and Joanna Calo (The Bear) are the screenwriters. Just the two most awarded series of the last season.

So yeah, i'm expecting something good. But regarding the box office, i'm not confident. Anyways, saying anything before the marketing campaign is a waste of time.

That’s where I’m standing right now. Bullish confidence on Captain America: Brave New World, cautiously optimistic with Thunderbolts* and whatever the angle they are going with this film.

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Update. The trailer is officially out there. Obviously I cannot link to it, but for anyone looking for News about Thunderbolts* it shouldn't be hard to find 

And it looks really good imo.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Update. The trailer is officially out there. Obviously I cannot link to it, but for anyone looking for News about Thunderbolts* it shouldn't be hard to find 

It looks... Good? 

Yeah... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Just watched, I can dig it but I can’t put my finger where it’s going still.

It doesn't have much of plot but it is for the convention, so it may not be 1 to 1 what the actual public first trailer will be.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

It doesn't have much of plot but it is for the convention, so it may not be 1 to 1 what the actual public first trailer will be.

That’s precisely my point. It seems very intent leading me to think it’s something and I’m looking for the swerve where it’s going.

This is a really good teaser . Doesn't show what the story is about but dig character interactions and for an ensemble that's a very good  initial sign.

Pugh looks great and ghost in her few moments looks better than she was in the enterity of AM&W lol.

• Like 1

Those costumes all look baggy and cheap. Hoping they level up and get a team budget lol

trailer looks very promising though. Hopefully it gets the proper release now that it’s leaked. 

Edited by Krissykins

Barring anyone expecting 1B as a success for this movie, then this will do well. 700M ish. It has a great creative team, started production after MCU new mandates about quality and having things ready before shooting. Florence Pugh is a star, and they will do well to have her as the center of marketing. It´s going to be the best MCU movie next year quality wise and that will reap benefits at the box office. It has the prime MCU date aswell. 

Edit: Removed something as I forgot the trailer isn´t officially out.

That said a good trailer and creative team has seen a lot of bad movie before, so nothing is given. And this is the kind of movie that will bomb if it has Ant-Man 3 level quality. 250-300M if it´s bad, 650-700 if it´s great. It doesn´t have any significant competition no? 3 weeks for itself before MI:8?

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 2