IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Deadpool&Wolverine #1

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

At keast it tells us something. I think it is a bit too early for the 1m question, it seems to be rather near (? nah), maybe every ticket  counts? Here it snows...

Is that a metaphor or does it really snow where you are? Here it didn't snow at all this winter beside a bit industrial snow :(

At least it tells us that RO had the biggest start of 2016. And the 1M question isn't that important for its gross (if it didn't top that number it'll be within 15k I think).

But personally for me it seems so important to have a 1M start.

13 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Is that a metaphor or does it really snow where you are? Here it didn't snow at all this winter beside a bit industrial snow :(

At least it tells us that RO had the biggest start of 2016. And the 1M question isn't that important for its gross (if it didn't top that number it'll be within 15k I think).

But personally for me it seems so important to have a 1M start.

I meant the 1m admission mark too for 2016 charts (hence the reason that part is bold) :)

15k or so plus or minus are really not that much in releation

No, it really snows here since a couple of (or? I didn't look on the watch) hours.

= between Munich and the mountains, on the top of a hill. Husband will hopefully not have slippery streets tomorrow morning. If he has, than only on the first leg.

I do not know of the snow will stay, sometimes it goes away fast too. 

It seems like Rogue one finally managed to open with 1mio admissions.

Rogue One 1005 
Sing 312,5/810
Tierwesen 155/2770
Hartmanns 125/2730
Party 87,5/260
P&F2 52,5/515
VS3 47,5/145
Arrival 40/510
Paula 30 
Weihnachtsgeschichte 27,5/75
Florence 20/195

Source: insidekino

• Like 12

Not the actuals yet, but that would be landing right on the spot :wave:

Does it only look that way or did Rogue One really hold up a bit better over the course of the weekend than TFA did?

Might just be caused by TFA simply having much bigger numbers, but it would be nice if there was more to this. I guess the upcoming weekdays won't look nearly as impressive though (comperatively, not absolute) because holidays haven't really started yet. Two states are off right now, another two will follow on Wednesday, with the rest following on Thursday (3x), Friday (7x) or only by the weekend (2x).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

Superb?I don't think so.

Good.

1 hour ago, jb007 said:

It is the only 1M opener of 2016 and has done about 50% of TFA which was a monster hit in Germany last year. N9 doubt, the number for RO is superb.

I think it is at least better than good.

Not sure, I learned that terms like superb get used in different way / understandings per region, sometimes even family to family.

Maybe there is were the difference in POV is based too (or to a degree)?

49 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think it is at least better than good.

Not sure, I learned that terms like superb get used in different way / understandings per region, sometimes even family to family.

Maybe there is were the difference in POV is based too (or to a degree)?

That is true to an extent.

There are many superlatives. If it approached all time records like TFA then superlatives like phenomenal, extraordinary would be appropriate. But using just "good" for the biggest opening of the year is not good enough in my book, So I felt Superb is the appropriate term here. :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jb007 said:

There are many superlatives. If it approached all time records like TFA then superlatives like phenomenal, extraordinary would be appropriate. But using just "good" for the biggest opening of the year is not good enough in my book, So I felt Superb is the appropriate term here. :)

:)

At another forum members nearly 'killed' each other over the term 'best' in connection with actors.

The question whom to add on that chart was meant as: best quality in their profession, but there seems to be a region where best means the best person (character, warm/nice personality = like doing charity and being open to fans)

The 'riots' took several days till more or less accidental the differences in using the term became clear.

Btw, the term vest (clothing) is also used very very very differently. Depending on English speaking country (and sometimes even within the same country if it is a big one) it is in use for: 

a certain style of T-shirt, a sleeveless jacket, a certain style of dress, a sleeveless pullover,... 

If all people are aware about speaking about clothes no one will usually ask which kind of clothes people are even speaking about.

Hence the reason I try to ask or point out the possibility. Plus the differences in opinion and / or beforehand expectations for which reasons, like in this case

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

:)

At another forum members nearly 'killed' each other over the term 'best' in connection with actors.

The question whom to add on that chart was meant as: best quality in their profession, but there seems to be a region where best means the best person (character, warm/nice personality = like doing charity and being open to fans)

The 'riots' took several days till more or less accidental the differences in using the term became clear.

Btw, the term vest (clothing) is also used very very very differently. Depending on English speaking country (and sometimes even within the same country if it is a big one) it is in use for: 

a certain style of T-shirt, a sleeveless jacket, a certain style of dress, a sleeveless pullover,... 

If all people are aware about speaking about clothes no one will usually ask which kind of clothes people are even speaking about.

Hence the reason I try to ask or point out the possibility. Plus the differences in opinion and / or beforehand expectations for which reasons, like in this case

Completely agree with your view point. Usage of certain words vary according to regions/countries/cultures. 

Many Indians tend to use the term "Rubber" for eraser and "Fag" for a cigarette resulting in hilarious situations in English speaking countries like the US. I was somewhat privy to those terms when I moved to the US in the late 80s. But I have seen many an Indian being made fun of for using these terms. :P

• Like 1

Really great to see RO having made 1M (should be 99% certain now :)) Now I'm happy and we don't have to go to archives to search for the last year that no movie made 1M OW :D

I don't see this missing 4M now ^_^

But a really unbelievable Story is P&F :o It fell again just 11% and over Christmas it should much more money. How much can it approach 1M? 800k seem assured, 900k possible to me... :)

• Like 2