IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Disney meldet 105.000 verkaufte Tickets für AVENGERS - ENDGAME am ersten Vorverkaufstag in Deutschland!

Translated from German by Microsoft

Disney reports 105,000 tickets sold for AVENGERS-ENDGAME on the first Pre-sale Day in Germany!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Disney meldet 105.000 verkaufte Tickets für AVENGERS - ENDGAME am ersten Vorverkaufstag in Deutschland!

Disney reports 105,000 tickets sold for AVENGERS-ENDGAME on the first Pre-sale Day in Germany!

2 wegen mir :)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

This would mean that we have the first $1.4m in the bag (with average ticket price of these tickets being around 12 euro).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

2 wegen mir :)

Sohn + ich = auch 2

In ganz Deutschland, so ein Update von Disney, wurden innerhalb von nur 24 Stunden bereits 105.000 Tickets verkauft – was den erfolgreichsten Vorverkaufsstart eines Kinofilmes der Walt Disney Company Germany darstellt. Pünktlich zum gestrigen Beginn des Vorverkaufs erschien auch ein brandneuer Kinospot für „Avengers: Endgame".

In Germany, according to an update from Disney, already within 24 hours already 105,000 tickets were sold - which is the most successful pre-sale launch of a movie of the Walt Disney Company Germany. Just in time for the start of pre-sale yesterday, a brand new movie ad for "Avengers: Endgame" was released.

https://www.filmecho.de/aktuell/kino/03-04-2019-superheldenhafter-vorverkauf-fuer-avengers-endgame-bei-kinopolis/

As it is worded I am assuming something else is bigger. The only title I can imagine is Avatar, as that one was FOX then

14 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

As it is worded I am assuming something else is bigger. The only title I can imagine is Avatar, as that one was FOX then

Shouldn't SW7 be the biggest one? But that's Disney too... :thinking:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristis said:

I just thought of FSOG1 :wacko:

I forgot about that (not a fan of wrongly presented life-style acc to friends that are still angry about it)

There might be other movies too, especially the last Harry Potter - whom I also forgot

Just now, IceFire9yt said:

Endgame beating TFA in presales, in Germany?  

Absolutely insane.  Superhero movies have been pretty weak in Europe, and TFA was an absolute monster.  What in the holy hell has happened?

I feel like that has to be a mistake. Unlike the US, where IW beat TFA opening weekend; it 40% less than TFA during OW in Germany. 

Idk, but if it’s truly correct then we could be looking at a 50% OW jump in Germany for Endgame. 

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I feel like that has to be a mistake. Unlike the US, where IW beat TFA opening weekend; it 40% less than TFA during OW in Germany. 

Idk, but if it’s truly correct then we could be looking at a 50% OW jump in Germany for Endgame. 

I don't think we will, Europe online ticket buying habbits might have increased a lot since 2015 (we mostly run behind US on this I think) + first day doesn't mean the total ps will be better than TFA I wouldn't get +50% excited maybe +25% over IW is more doable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

1,5mil OW would still mean nothing special compared to other movies. Superhero pics will never be super popular in our country, and I can understand that.

3 minutes ago, Giesi said:

1,5mil OW would still mean nothing special compared to other movies. Superhero pics will never be super popular in our country, and I can understand that.

I mean IW was the biggest movie of 2018 in Germany, so to say it’s not popular is a bit facetious. 

If Endgame increases 25% over IW it’ll be in the top 10 OW all-time in Germany. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I mean IW was the biggest movie of 2018 in Germany, so to say it’s not popular is a bit facetious. 

Beeing the biggest movie in 2018's german box office year is like getting slapped in the face just 9 times instead of 10.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

They are popular, just not in the same ballpark as Star Wars, or some certain fantasy series in the 00‘s. And increasing 25% wouldn‘t even mean top 30 OWs

8 minutes ago, Giesi said:

1. so early pre-sales are not common in my POV (I hope for numbers)

2. pre-buying instead of reservation seems to increase still

3. its only about the launch, the first 24 hours of ticket sales, there will be a lot more sold till and during OW

I disagree to a degree, to me it looks a lot like the audience counts go down, the newer movies get less of a chance to shine.

But e.g. fantasy is definitively still way higher than SH...

10 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Beeing the biggest movie in 2018's german box office year is like getting slapped in the face just 9 times instead of 10.

Luckily it only was the 2nd biggest in € and the 4th in admissions :hahaha:

1 3.880.723 €38.867.099       FB2            
2 3.501.169 €29.381.486       Der Junge muss an die frische Luft            
3 3.483.698 €32.202.659       Bohemian Rhapsody            
4 3.399.651 €37.919.879       AIW            

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2