IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

It's still early but it looks as if Hobbit1 won't come near Skyfall for the weekend. Admission-wise, that is - with 3D it might close the gap. Of course this is opening one week earlier than the LotR-films so openings can't be compared 1:1 but it's down at least 20% from Fellowship I'd guess.

Wow, a drop in France and Germany, and not a small one. The early start is pretty bad.

It's still early but it looks as if Hobbit1 won't come near Skyfall for the weekend. Admission-wise, that is - with 3D it might close the gap. Of course this is opening one week earlier than the LotR-films so openings can't be compared 1:1 but it's down at least 20% from Fellowship I'd guess.

20% down in admissions or gross? A 20% drop in admissions would still be a high increase in gross from FOTR.

Here the numbers for Germany - opening week (not weekend) and total admissionsFotR: 2.654.362 --> 11.833.420TT: 2.933.480 --> 10.692.798RotK: 3.064.019 --> 10.432.470As can be seen, the franchise got a bit more frontloaded, and the question is if H1 will follow this trend or rather start a new one for H2 and H3.Now, if H1 makes 1,5mil admissions in Germany for week1, that would still put it behind FotR $-wise I think.Skyfall was at about 2,1mil

Edited by IndustriousAngel

1.5m admissions/ $20m OW would be a good opening for TH1.

Only if it manages excellent holds for the 3 holiday weekends.To put things into perspective: Skyfall opened while there were school holidays in parts of Germany. So it's very possible H1 has 3 very good weekends ahead - but only if the customers like the product B)

Only if it manages excellent holds for the 3 holiday weekends.To put things into perspective: Skyfall opened while there were school holidays in parts of Germany. So it's very possible H1 has 3 very good weekends ahead - but only if the customers like the product B)

I have low expectations from the beginning. 6-6.5m admissions total. :)

Very strange opening for TheHobbit1 at my theater ... Wed evening was strong, Thu weak, Fri stronger than Wed?! and now Sat finally there are the first sellouts. It's not behaving as a much-waited-for blockbuster should; more like a 2nd weekend actually.

Yeah Fri was up 64% on Thu and Sat was up another 65% on FriWed-Sat around eu9.5m Edited by Rth

Looks like it will do 16-18m for OW. Going by Rth's numbers, avg. ticket price seems quite high..... close to $15!

Maybe a bit, but not too much. I guess Spanish tickets are not as high as German's. In my city, which is not the most expensive, I paid 7.7€ (more than 10$) for a 2D ticket on Friday, and the 3D HFR ticket costs 10.7€ (more than 14$).