Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

I am here for the Inception reunion

tumblr_m8urwz9Z7o1ra93efo1_500.gif

tumblr_m8urwz9Z7o1ra93efo2_500.gif

A+ movie.

The more I think about TDKR the more I love Inception. The more I think about Interstellar the more I love Inception as well. Is this normal? :ph34r:

EDIT 1: Interstellar > TDKR, tho. TDKR is not an A movie, Interstellar is, IMO.

EDIT 2: But we all know TDKR was ghost directed by Zack Snyder so it isn't technically a Nolan movie :ph34r:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 5

Before clicking on the trailer, I said to myself :

there is 98% chances this trailer features what I call " the John Toll-Terrence Malick God shot".

I won.

We get it. You don't like this movie, you think Innaritu is a fake auteur hack, and you think everyone who does like it is a pretentious hipster or something. You've established that. You can stop making sarcastic posts every five seconds. 

Edited by cmasterclay
  • Like 2

I think it should be fine, if it can get a large audience to begin with. SW7 will be in it's 4th weekend by the time it goes wide, still making loads I'm sure, but Sherlock Holmes and Chipmunks 2, still managed over $200m against Avatar. it's biggest threat is the hateful Eight, which I belive goes wide right against it. they may want to rethink think that.. also amazing trailer btw, still may have liked the teaser more but they are both divine.

Seriously when will people learn December has room for multiple movies?

How much do people think Star Wars is gonna make that it will decimate everything? Avatar didn't. That made north of 700m.

Come on already. This isn't even the same demo as Star Wars.

Seriously when will people learn December has room for multiple movies?

How much do people think Star Wars is gonna make that it will decimate everything? Avatar didn't. That made north of 700m.

Come on already. This isn't even the same demo as Star Wars.

Force Awakens IS gonna swallow demand this Christmas, releasing such a big movie at the time of year never really happened ( it s gonna be bigger than all 3 original middle earth movie which adjust to around 500m+ dom) its BO is gonna be way more concentrated than Avatar which BO run had the "Cameron WTF" factor.

I vividly remember Avatar s opening, after months of hype, you had, for reasons I will never understand and this continues to this day, (everyone announces doom & gloom for the Avatar sequels), this army that kind of wish Cameron would fail with his Smurfs/Ferngully movie & they almost cheered when Avatar opened.

The articles on Avatar s OW were hilarious, they were all kind of implying that " the Biggest movie ever" did well but not that well, it was a bit meh OW for such a hyped movie.

And then the second week end happened, & the third & etc ...

Force Awakens won't have an Avatar type run, it will play like a summer giant tentpole devouring everything in its path with a very big OW & very big 2nd, third ow but it will never have Avatar consistency & holds & if it does then all other movies not named Star Wars will be doomed.

Star Wars has no demo, it is a four quadrant franchise if there even was one, the first movie was 38 years ago, people who saw it in college back then are close to retirement.

Also, Satan, JJ & Kennedy made sure they are gonna hit this sweet nostalgia spot, with its PT never existed, PT was just a bad nightmare marketing, come back OT Star Wars lovers, Harrison TOLD you :

" Chewie, We re Home !".

Other movies will be able to strive next to Force Awakens but It will eat demand I am sure.

• Like 1

I simply don't agree. Other movies will do fine. If Star Wars kills all other movie business during the winter, then I'm going to be real...Hollywood has a problem. Cause this winter is gonna seriously under deliver overall. Star Wars ain't making enough to make up for what you're saying.

Nope.

Of this doesn't do well, it's cause Innarutu is too odd for the mainstream. Not Star Wars.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

God,how they spend that much on the story of Hugh Glass? It about a small group of Fur Trappers in what is now Montana and Wyoming in the 1820's ,and the main charecter is alone for most of the film. The only scene I can see being a big problem is the fight with the Grizzly Bear. That must have been one hell of expensive Griz......

This is Another film I will be going into with a notebook, since do Mountain Man erar reenactments,and  I hope the filmmakers did their homwork as far as props,costumes,and weapons go. Have to zoom in that Still and see if I can dientify the rifle De Caprio has in that still...

BTW, this is a true story.The saga of Hugh Glass is one of the best known incidents of the Mountain Man era.

BTW the Glass story was the basis for a film made in the 1970's called "Man In THe Wilderness" starring Richard Harris. It was heavily fictionlized,whereas this film is claiming to be much more realistic version of the story.

Already making plans with my reenactor buddies to go see this opening day if it opens in Sacramento in January.We migth even go in full dress,and show the Star Wars cosplay people how it's done.....

• Like 1

God,how they spend that much on the story of Hugh Glass? It about a small group of Fur Trappers in what is now Montana and Wyoming in the 1820's ,and the main charecter is alone for most of the film. The only scene I can see being a big problem is the fight with the Grizzly Bear. That must have been one hell of expensive Griz......

This is Another film I will be going into with a notebook, since do Mountain Man erar reenactments,and I hope the filmmakers did their homwork as far as props,costumes,and weapons go. Have to zoom in that Still and see if I can dientify the rifle De Caprio has in that still...

BTW, this is a true story.The saga of Hugh Glass is one of the best known incidents of the Mountain Man era.

BTW the Glass story was the basis for a film made in the 1970's called "Man In THe Wilderness" starring Richard Harris. It was heavily fictionlized,whereas this film is claiming to be much more realistic version of the story.

Already making plans with my reenactor buddies to go see this opening day if it opens in Sacramento in January.We migth even go in full dress,and show the Star Wars cosplay people how it's done.....

With the Inarritu rewrites I wouldn't call this very realistic anymore. In fact, it was always just "based on" the Glass story. Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 1