Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

53 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Any update on Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 delay release 🥲

Side-note : Friday not "Frinday" 😓

Argh. Sorry, fixed 😶

Jujutsu will indeed launch on april 28, pre-sales are not open yet but should soon. It will be released in subbed and dubbed. Also it will be released in my city, so I guess it will see a larger release than Belle and SOA.

2 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

I guess it will see a larger release than Belle and SOA.

Ofc, it will be bigger than them but hopefully I expect it to be bigger than Denon Slayer. Any expectations? Can it defeat DS? (I know DS never got chance to expand it's release)

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Ofc, it will be bigger than them but hopefully I expect it to be bigger than Denon Slayer. Any expectations? Can it defeat DS? (I know DS never got chance to expand it's release)

Oh for sure. The brazilian box office is in a much healthier state now than it was back in august when DS released. I can't see why it wouldn't beat it, all they have to do is not mess up the distribution.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Argh. Sorry, fixed 😶

Jujutsu will indeed launch on april 28, pre-sales are not open yet but should soon. It will be released in subbed and dubbed. Also it will be released in my city, so I guess it will see a larger release than Belle and SOA.

If I may ask you, Where are you from Waluigi? 

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

What are we looking at for Beasts?

It is doing pretty great on pre sales. Ingresso.com reported that last week it was the 2nd best selling movie in tickets of their platform behind Morbius, and 3rd this week behind Sonic 2 and the pre sales of DS2. Right now, at least from what I'm seeying, I think it looks good for R$20M+.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

It is doing pretty great on pre sales. Ingresso.com reported that last week it was the 2nd best selling movie in tickets of their platform behind Morbius, and 3rd this week behind Sonic 2 and the pre sales of DS2. Right now, at least from what I'm seeying, I think it looks good for R$20M+.

Is that good? I would assume that being behind Morbius is not a great sign. I think this won't match CoG...

2 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Not behind Morbius presales, but actually tickets sales for the week.

I know, but nonetheless that is not good IMO. Morbius opening was mediocre and FB3 opening close to those numbers would be pretty bad. If this does less than 15M including previews then it would likely mean a sub 50M gross.

FB3 is opening on 1200 screens, down from 1460 of the second movie.

@Flamengo81The pre sales are pretty good, no need to worry on that regard. The thing that I wonder that might hurt the movie, believe it or not, is the recast of Johnny Depp. Despite everything he was a pretty big selling point in Brazil and he did helped the movie to get a nice increase on the opening compared to the first one.

22 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

FB3 is opening on 1200 screens, down from 1460 of the second movie.

@Flamengo81The pre sales are pretty good, no need to worry on that regard. The thing that I wonder that might hurt the movie, believe it or not, is the recast of Johnny Depp. Despite everything he was a pretty big selling point in Brazil and he did helped the movie to get a nice increase on the opening compared to the first one.

How is it compared to the others? Any data? I just think this will follow the downward trand that it's getting worldwide...

FB3 made R$2.8M+ on its opening, down from R$3.3M of FB2. Sonic already sold more than 1 million tickets.

EDIT: Morbius also reached the mark of a million tickets. Sonic did it on wednesday, Morbius on thursday. Now five 2022 movies have done it, with FB3 becoming the number 6 this weekend.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Like 4

Fully expecting this to be the best weekend of the year. FB3 is really crowded today and tomorrow and Sonic 2 is giving all the signs of being holding well.

On 4/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, Issac Newton said:

Any update on Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 delay release 🥲

The pre-sales have started now.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Fully expecting this to be the best weekend of the year. FB3 is really crowded today and tomorrow and Sonic 2 is giving all the signs of being holding well.

The pre-sales have started now.

I am going opening weekend with my girlfriend and a couple of friends.

Edited by Flamengo81