Wonder Woman
Blade Runner
It
mother!
Power Rangers (next week!!!!) 
Ghost in the shell

And yours??

:ph34r:

Joke aside : Beauty and the Beast, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Wonder Woman, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor 3, Justice League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

:ph34r:

Joke aside : Beauty and the Beast, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Wonder Woman, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor 3, Justice League.

Well, I don't expect a smart movie or something like that. Just a funny movie.

You are so predictable :P I mean, I didn't expect your excitement for Justice League, but about the rest your list isn't a surprise ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alisson23 said:

Well, I don't expect a smart movie or something like that. Just a funny movie.

You are so predictable :P I mean, I didn't expect your excitement for Justice League, but about the rest your list isn't a surprise ;)

Yeah. Disney lover and comicbook movie fan, I'm 100% predictable and it's fine :shades:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I hate the exchange rates, seriously, particularly when it comes to Brazil, it's irritating to see it worsening when the blockbusters come, it was doing so well in January and part of February :(

As a suggestion, I think you should focus more on local currency. I know that people here are way more excited about dollar numbers because the WW numbers, but at the end, people buy things with their own local currency. And since you seem very interested in Brazilian market, the best way to see the growth of the market, as you well know, is to look at Real grosses. I never look at dollar figures in Spain, for example. It has no sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peludo said:

As a suggestion, I think you should focus more on local currency. I know that people here are way more excited about dollar numbers because the WW numbers, but at the end, people buy things with their own local currency. And since you seem very interested in Brazilian market, the best way to see the growth of the market, as you well know, is to look at Real grosses. I never look at dollar figures in Spain, for example. It has no sense to me.

Well, I use both local currency and USD here, given the wild fluctuations of the exchange rate it was an obvious choice. Still, the numbers in USD are still essential the global gross of movies is in USD and remember that a market having impressive numbers will get the interest of more people : people were very excited about the Brazilian BO in 2012 when Avengers got $64m and Twilight BD2 got $52m, if we want people to care about Brazil as a market it is important for it to have great numbers in USD, that's why the exchange rate is so irritating because it doesn't show the impressive growth of this market since 2012 with records broken every year.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, I use both local currency and USD here, given the wild fluctuations of the exchange rate it was an obvious choice. Still, the numbers in USD are still essential the global gross of movies is in USD and remember that a market having impressive numbers will get the interest of more people : people were very excited about the Brazilian BO in 2012 when Avengers got $64m and Twilight BD2 got $52m, if we want people to care about Brazil as a market it is important for it to have great numbers in USD, that's why the exchange rate is so irritating because it doesn't show the impressive growth of this market since 2012 with records broken every year.

I am conscious of that, but since you can not change the ER, you can insist in local increases, which at the end are the real increases. Instead saying the bad news that were that Age of Ultron dropped a 25% in dollars relative to TA, you should focus the interest in the fact that Age of Ultron grossed a 13% more in Real.

I know that people just looks at dollars figures, but I think it is a good way to try to teach them that they have to look deeper at data to understand what is happening.

Just a suggestion, of course :)

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, peludo said:

I am conscious of that, but since you can not change the ER, you can insist in local increases, which at the end are the real increases. Instead saying the bad news that were that Age of Ultron dropped a 25% in dollars relative to TA, you should focus the interest in the fact that Age of Ultron grossed a 13% more in Real.

I know that people just looks at dollars figures, but I think it is a good way to try to teach them that they have to look deeper at data to understand what is happening.

Just a suggestion, of course :)

Thanks for this piece of advice ;)

I already do that in fact. Last year, for example, I repeatedly said that Civil War was the sercond highest-grossing movie ever in Brazil, behind Avengers 2. I was talking about local currency numbers of course because in USD CW was far from second with "only" $43m.

• Like 1

Logan is outpacing Deadpool and The Force Awakens despite opening lower than those two. It's outpacing Deadpool by 300k admissions (DP opened with 60k more than Logan) and The Force Awakens by 250k adm (TFA opened with 260k more than logan).

It could end up with 7m adm (slight chance), which would be pretty great.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Logan is outpacing Deadpool and The Force Awakens despite opening lower than those two. It's outpacing Deadpool by 300k admissions (DP opened with 60k more than Logan) and The Force Awakens by 250k adm (TFA opened with 260k more than logan).

It could end up with 7m adm (slight chance), which would be pretty great.

7m admissions would mean $32.5m or R$101.6m

Huge :)

eu_batb_flex-hero_header_r_430eac8d.jpeg

TODAY IN BRAZIL

This is the D-Day my friends : BATB is finally here!

It will benefit from 1,200 screens in Brazil, among them 70% in 3D, it will also get 35 4D spaces and 12 IMAX screens.

I hope for HUGE numbers!!!

• Like 2

BEAUTY AND THE BEASTS : MOVIES THAT ARE SIMILAR

THE JUNGLE BOOK (2016) : R$9.7m OW / 588,000 admissions OW

CINDERELLA 2015 : R$11.9m OW / 915,000 admissions OW

ALICE IN WONDERLAND 2010 : R$10.6m OW /

MALEFICENT : R$13.4m OW / 925,000 admissions OW

• Like 1