grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

All good. Different strokes different folks.

I think Citizen Kane is garbage. Hot fucking garbage

Most Potters are average

The Exorcist that's about as scary as an episode of Sesame Street.

Civil War is kinda boring except for the airport battle.

We all like what we like.

We get too hung up over differing opinions. Acting like someone's opposing taste in their entertainment (like their politics) is a war crime. We can agree to disagree without being childish about it.

My three favorite films are Excalibur, Dawn of the Dead (1979) and The Wizard of Oz

If you don't like those, that's perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Doffy said:

BN is overrated asf they tried to emulate 

gabbar singh but failed.

I personally enjoyed Bheemla Nayak in theaters...love the malayalm version but in telugu they made it fine to suit tastes of telugu audience.

Gabbar Singh is cult classic though!

32 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Jaws is 

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Several years back, my li'l niece (now age 14 - queue Saving Private Ryan aging gif) watched Jaws. She was absolutely mesmerized... until the shark appeared.

That broke the reality and she could never come back.

On the other hand, my sister showed her E.T. and that had her from start to finish.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

1 minute ago, John Rambo said:

I personally enjoyed Bheemla Nayak in theaters...love the malayalm version but in telugu they made it fine to suit tastes of telugu audience.

Gabbar Singh is cult classic though!

Overall basic theme is love and a plot twist before interval that hero original goal is different.

The only movie I saw two times on the big screen buying two tickets was Avatar. Cause when it came in January 2010 the only theater in my little village didn't have the 3D. Then they "bought the 3D" and in September of the same year i watched it again in 3D.

Then in my village every summer they made a movie festival with all the best movies of the season for free in a public square. So I usually rewatch again a lot of movies, maybe like more than 100 movies. 

Titanic is one of my favourite movie and maybe next year i'm gonna rewatch again on the big screen. I saw it in 1998 but I was 7. And still i remember that day, my mom and all her friends with us 😅

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

My favorite movies are Apocalypse Now, Vertigo, Taxi Driver...

Sometimes I don't know though.

This is taste.

Apocalypse now has some best cinematography of all time. 

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It also happens to be that I don't really like early Spielberg movies barring E.T.

Love his later films like Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me if you Can, Bridge of Spies, Terminal, etc.

Bridge of Spies gets better with each viewing. Peak Spielberg. I love his earlier stuff too, but he really has had an amazing last 1/4 of his career and The Fablemans this Christmas seems likely to continue the trend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Bridge of Spies gets better with each viewing. Peak Spielberg. I love his earlier stuff too, but he really has had an amazing last 1/4 of his career and The Fablemans this Christmas seems likely to continue the trend.

Catch Me If You Can and Lincoln are my two favorite films of his of the 2000s. Still think Schindler's List is his best movie and Close Encounters is his second. You can easily make the case for him being the best director of all time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Catch Me If You Can and Lincoln are my two favorite films of his of the 2000s. Still think Schindler's List is his best movie and Close Encounters is his second. You can easily make the case for him being the best director of all time. 

Lincoln would on there for me too.