Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

2 hours ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

So can we do 37 - 46 - 60 - 25 - 25 for OS the rest of the week? 

I'd say lower on Saturday, higher on Sunday - local cinema (Germany) has two showing on Christmas Eve (around noon) but 8 on Christmas Day - its not a booster as its in the US, but it isn't hurting as much as Christmas Eve (27th and 28th have 12 shows - so the viewings are pushed back to 27-30th of December).

Outside of Europe the changes are probably less extreme.

But honestly the two Christmas Eve shows are pretty full already.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I'd say lower on Saturday, higher on Sunday - local cinema (Germany) has two showing on Christmas Eve (around noon) but 8 on Christmas Day - its not a booster as its in the US, but it isn't hurting as much as Christmas Eve (27th and 28th have 12 shows - so the viewings are pushed back to 27-30th of December).

why the Christmas eve effect Sunday?

32 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

just to add to this from UK

Christmas Eve is muted, because evenings will be very quiet

Christmas Day cinemas (along with shops and many other venues) are forced to close by law, so should get $0 from UK on Sunday. Monday + Tuesday are bank holidays though and should be huge (equivalent of a Saturday)

• Like 1

I finally saw A2 this afternoon and the session was full (there were even people who sat down on the stairs or on the floor because there was no more seats). A2 numbers are huge in France and I saw it in reality today that the numbers don't lie. It's great to see full sessions in France again like last year with NWH. French theaters can thank James Cameron.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

I finally saw A2 this afternoon and the session was full (there were even people who sat down on the stairs or on the floor because there was no more seats). A2 numbers are huge in France and I saw it in reality today that the numbers don't lie. It's great to see full sessions in France again like last year with NWH. French theaters can thank James Cameron.

Wonderful news my brother.💪💪

How was the Crowd Reaction and did you see a 4dx or Imax format brother LP?

13 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wonderful news my brother.💪💪

How was the Crowd Reaction and did you see a 4dx or Imax format brother LP?

I saw it in 3D HFR and I think the audience liked it, I heard laughter several times and there was general applause at the end. Personally I liked it, I don't know if I liked it better or less than the first one (I think I put them on the same level) but in any case it was quite good. It was maybe a little long at times (especially in the middle of the movie) but I really liked the beginning and the end of the movie and it's not like some people say the exact same scenario as the first one. Finally, I really liked the emotional moments and the beauty of the film.

5 hours ago, LPLC said:

Huh? They allow extra people to enter the Theatres when All seats are already full/booked? 

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Huh? They allow extra people to enter the Theatres when All seats are already full/booked? 

What I witnessed in Paris at Le grand Rex ( biggest cinema in the world with 2700 seats ) at the showing of TGM there were people on the floor and stairs but mainly to have a better vision cause they couldn't see from their seats ( sometimes this happen when the person in front of you is very tall )

Edited by simoimo19