Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

"Avatar: The Way of Water" has become the highest grossing movie of all time in both LC and USD in Romania (previous record holder was Avatar 1 with $6.64M, possibly $7M with re-releases).

The movie grossed over $710K during its 5th week here. The total for now sits at 31.72M RON ($6.84M), should easily go over $7M by next week. The movie's run in Romania is truly exceptional.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

https://boxofficeturkiye.com/film/avatar-suyun-yolu--2013646

Avatar 2 has officially crossed the 2 million admissions mark in Turkey, becoming the 7th Hollywood movie ever to do so here. It dropped a mere 25% from last weekend to 128K admits for this weekend, which was more than enough to push it over the big milestone. For comparison, the first Avatar scored 161K admits on its fifth weekend (-7,2%) for a 31-day total of 1.472.407 admits. With K12 schools off starting Friday, a lucrative season for the movie is coming up. Surpassing the first film's 2.5M admit total is a real possibility.

Here is the all-time Hollywood list for those wanting to see it for themselves: https://boxofficeturkiye.com/tum-zamanlar/seyirci-rekorlari/yabanci-filmler

And here is Avatar 1's run for comparison: https://boxofficeturkiye.com/film/avatar--2009060/box-office

• Like 2

AVATAR:THE WAY OF WATER BREAK ALL-TIME BOX OFFICE RECORD IN HUNGARY

After 5th weekend Avatar 2 shatters the all-time B.O record in Hungary held by Avatar 1 (1860m lc vs 1860m lc)

Highest grossing film of all-time in Hungary

1 AVATAR:THE WAY OF WATER 1860m

2 AVATAR 1850m

3 STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKEN  1828m

4 STWR WARS:THE LAST JEDI 1381m

5 AVENGERS:ENDGAME 1338m

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Avatar:The Way of water also break 5th weekend record in Czech Republic held by Zeny v behu(local blockbuster),5th weekend merely drop 25% from last weekend,It’s already 2nd highest grossing film of all-time with 218m lc gross,behind only Bohemian Rophsody(266m),will beating the All-time record in next 2 weeks

• Like 1

It just broke the 5th weekend record in gross in Bulgaria as well. It's second in admissions only below the original:

Gross

1. The Way of Water - 328k BGN

2. Avatar - 319k BGN

Admissions

1. Avatar - 28 214

2. The Way of Water - 21 586

It's already beaten the original gross of Avatar (5.35M BGN) and by the end of the week it'll become the top grossing film of all time here (5.55M BGN) - beating the original including last year's re-release. There is still the possibility for The Way of Water to take the admissions crown from the original as well but we'll need to see how it holds the next few weeks. 

If it drops 30% on average from now, it should be able to pass 475k admissions and 6.6M BGN (3.65M Usd) in gross. This is a good possibility in this market and it'll mean that it'll beat the original in admissions as well (but without last year's re-release). 

Anyway, the performance here is nothing short of amazing. Hopefully, it has enough gas in the tank to be the first film over 500k admissions and 7M BGN (3.85M USD) in gross.

Edited by Simionski
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I wouldn't say locked but it's pretty likely. Probably finishes in the 665-680 range. 

Correction brother XXR .. You mean Over 700M ... Hopefullly over Maverick :D

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Avatar:The Way of water also break 5th weekend record in Czech Republic held by Zeny v behu(local blockbuster),5th weekend merely drop 25% from last weekend,It’s already 2nd highest grossing film of all-time with 218m lc gross,behind only Bohemian Rophsody(266m),will beating the All-time record in next 2 weeks

Outstanding brother Bruce!!

We go past NWH WW today :)

2 hours ago, Andreas said:

"Avatar: The Way of Water" has become the highest grossing movie of all time in both LC and USD in Romania (previous record holder was Avatar 1 with $6.64M, possibly $7M with re-releases).

The movie grossed over $710K during its 5th week here. The total for now sits at 31.72M RON ($6.84M), should easily go over $7M by next week. The movie's run in Romania is truly exceptional.

A movie grossing 7/8 million in Romania is really impressive, for comparison this is what No Time To Die or Jurassic World 3 grossed in Italy and those are popular movies in a market 10 times bigger...

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

34 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Outstanding brother Bruce!!

We go past NWH WW today :)

Will please undertsand but I feel awkward everytime when you call me brother bruce…Something must be confused here and I need to clarify,I’m not even a male,the name ‘Bruce’ is just the name when I search ‘The most common English name’and choose one of it randomly,User ‘Issac Newton’ in this forum is girl as well

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

41 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Will please undertsand but I feel awkward everytime when you call me brother bruce…Something must be confused here and I need to clarify,I’m not even a male,the name ‘Bruce’ is just the name when I search ‘The most common English name’and choose one of it randomly,User ‘Issac Newton’ in this forum is girl as well

Great, a woman!! 
I thought there only are men doing these nerd things, i always dreamt with meeting a woman and telling this hobby we had and not looking like an alien, because for all the women i met in the past, they looked at me like this when i told then that i follow b.o. data and i talk in a forum wtih people around the globe about this thing.
Imagine if i say to her "now i´m following the run of Avatar 2 " and she replies "oh really! i´m so excited with passing Titanic WW!" this would be a really epic moment in my life hahaha!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Oh sorry about that.. Caught me off guard since I figured our sisters in here

would use femine names. Not that one has to :)

And Hello sister bruce then. Note remember  I'm  a christ follower so I address people in this forum and in life usually as my brother or sisters under god btw.  Good to know about issac is a sister as well.  PS are you happy  bruce that Avatar is looking at solid shots at flying over 700M? At least 180-200+M more than the naysayers were predicting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, setna said:

Great, a woman!! 
I thought there only are men doing these nerd things, i always dreamt with meeting a woman and telling this hobby we had and not looking like an alien, because for all the women i met in the past, they looked at me like this when i told then that i follow b.o. data and i talk in a forum wtih people around the globe about this thing.
Imagine if i say to her "now i´m following the run of Avatar 2 " and she replies "oh really! i´m so excited with passing Titanic WW!" this would be a really epic moment in my life hahaha!!

Well if you really like this type of woman you can going to the Disney company and I believe they must have many female Box office analyst,try to found your dream girl my friend~

49 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Oh sorry about that.. Caught me off guard since I figured our sisters in here

would use femine names. Not that one has to :)

And Hello sister bruce then. Note remember  I'm  a christ follower so I address people in this forum and in life usually as my brother or sisters under god btw.  Good to know about issac is a sister as well.  PS are you happy  bruce that Avatar is looking at solid shots at flying over 700M? At least 180-200+M more than the naysayers were predicting

Ok,as your remind ,I change my name to the more 'girl feeling' name,now the things become clear right?

Actually I don't real care about the gender at first,somebody in this forum also think I'm a man,that's ok,no problem,but your repeat called me 'brother bruce...." day by day make me feel really strange ,put your leg on my chair,is just like I always call you 'Oh my sister Sheldon!!' everyday.....

I'm not blame you,I know is not your fault,the name 'bruce' won't let a person know my real gender....but you know,that's just the randomly chosen name in the google 'most common english name'...so ,we're good now.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1