Issac Newton

Weekend - 08/05-08/07 | Actuals: Bullet Train 30, Super Pets 11, Nope 8.5, Thor 7.7, Minions 7.1 | TGM sinks Titanic! 7th-biggest film DOM | Bodies Bodies Bodies earns 37.8K PTA

1 minute ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

For all the people who laughed when I said TG:M would overtake THOR 4 in dailies... see you on Monday!

...only has 6 weeks of difference :))))

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

A bunch of ads for Hot Topic merchandise for the 1999 Mummy movie are showing up here. Reminds me how Universal is missing a big opportunity to not green light a legacy sequel with Fraser, Weisz, and the gang back 

Fraser's body has been through hell and back with those movies that he probably wouldn't do it

• Like 1

Top Gun is going to be above Thor and Minions (and Nope?) next weekend.

Nope 3rd weekend is less than 1M more than OUATIH 4th weekend. OUATIH did a further 26M from that point which might be what we can expect from Nope here on our as well.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Bullet Train OVER 30M.  I think it's a good result. These Japanese adaptations have a ceiling

Eh, let’s see if that number sticks. They projected a -18% Sun to get that total, seems a tad optimistic to me 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Bullet Train OVER 30M.  I think it's a good result. These Japanese adaptations have a ceiling

To me, $30 million does not look like a good result at all.

The movie has Brad Pitt and Sandra Bullock as stars.

It has no direct heavy competition and nearly all IMAX / PLF screens.

It plays in 4,357 theaters.

It had heavy marketing for months now.

All these things in mind, $30 million looks pretty bad to me.

Edited by MrHardapple
  • Like 1

Yeahhhhh… There have been Bullet Train trailers in front of every movie I’ve seen in theaters over the past 3-4 months.. Brad Pitt, simple concept. 

I was thinking 40-50 would be a great opening for this one. 30 feels low. 

9 minutes ago, MrHardapple said:

To me, $30 million does not look like a good result at all.

The movie has Brad Pitt and Sandra Bullock as stars.

It has no direct heavy competition and nearly all IMAX / PLF screens.

It plays in 4,357 theaters.

It had heavy marketing for months now.

All these things in mind, $30 million looks pretty bad to me.

Edge of Tomorrow (another Japanese adaptation) with a double budget opened with 28M. I think BT opening is ok

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Edge of Tomorrow (another Japanese adaptation) with a double budget opened with 28M. I think BT opening is ok

Edge of Tomorrow was pretty universally loved though, and home video market still somewhat existed back then. 

There's a reason Edge of Tomorrow never got the sequel or spinoff, the returns just weren't enough even with the audience love. Something very similar happened with Dredd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Edge of Tomorrow was pretty universally loved though, and home video market still somewhat existed back then. 

There's a reason Edge of Tomorrow never got the sequel or spinoff, the returns just weren't enough even with the audience love. Something very similar happened with Dredd.

True.

Anyway, legs should be good. There's no competition