Eric Loves Rey

Elio | June 13, 2025 | Pixar | Adrian Molina (Coco) directs

Man the last two pages look like a bunch of noise now, lol

Prospects definitely looking better post Elemental comeback. Hopefully it was able to get all its VA work in before the strike and isn't delayed. Think if it gets 90s+ critical reception it can do 250ish, though I imagine OS isn't gonna go for this as much as Elemental regardless of how well critics receive it so it definitely needs a better domestic turnout. My bold prediction is this will gross more than Inside Out 2 domestically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

Prospects definitely looking better post Elemental comeback. Hopefully it was able to get all its VA work in before the strike and isn't delayed. Think if it gets 90s+ critical reception it can do 250ish, though I imagine OS isn't gonna go for this as much as Elemental regardless of how well critics receive it so it definitely needs a better domestic turnout. My bold prediction is this will gross more than Inside Out 2 domestically.

wait why do you assume it's not going to be as big as Elemental OS?

I still believe in my $300 m dom club for Elio. Even if I'm not quite personally hyped for this movie.

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

wait why do you assume it's not going to be as big as Elemental OS?

I still believe in my $300 m dom club for Elio. Even if I'm not quite personally hyped for this movie.

Idk maybe it'll surprise me but WALL-E maxed out at less than $300mil overseas and Elemental is probably gonna blow past that. Hard as a sell as sci Fi animation might be in the US it's even harder in the rest of the world. I don't think many get beyond a 40:60 ratio

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

Just promote it as "From the studio that brought you Elemental."  Can't hurt for the prospects in South Korea.

Will need to keep up marketing. Exposure wasn’t the problem for Elemental, tbh I’m starting to think it wasn’t the problem for Lightyear or even Strange World either. The trailers MUST LOOK APPEALING. No lame puns, no cringe jokes or shitty pandering of memes like trying to make Clod a thing (Barbieheimer and GentleMinions started from a few people goofing off, not marketing executives when they step in, it looks fake as fuck), sell us the story and if you trust the jokes, make sure it’s funny. 

If Elio looks great and is great, tbh I can see a major breakout domestically (assuming Panda 4 moves) and does near 300m domestic.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, JWR said:

Just promote it as "From the studio that brought you Elemental."  Can't hurt for the prospects in South Korea.

that doesn't work all the time.

I mean they tried to cross promote Moana with Zootopia in China and it didn't do much.

Guessing the longer pushback is due to wanting to get some voicework redone or a small story issue ala the EVE getting shocked thing with Wall-E. Thanksgiving was right there but methinks they want to push 2toopia because the animated sequels are all they got next year.

Yeah I assume the WDA movie next year is a franchise sequel then if they'd rather keep that than just push both the Pixar movies back. 

This was the only big thing I was really looking forward to in 24, shame.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2