Eric the Fall Guy

Priscilla | A24 | November 3, 2023 | Sofia Coppola-directed biopic about Priscilla Presley

On 6/21/2023 at 8:09 AM, excel1 said:
  • Could this have been timed any worsely? We just had very popular Elvis film last year.
  • Elordi is way too tall for the role 
  • Casting him as Superman pre release has pros and cons depending on how there performance is reviewed

Plus the estate drama that happened with Riley Keough and Priscilla after Lisa Marie’s death which didn’t paint Priscilla in the best light. 

On 8/24/2023 at 4:30 PM, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Plus the estate drama that happened with Riley Keough and Priscilla after Lisa Marie’s death which didn’t paint Priscilla in the best light. 

They made up and Riley will be paying Priscilla every year for a decade so it's good 

https://deadline.com/2023/09/priscilla-release-date-change-sofia-coppola-1235540797/

EXCLUSIVE: A24’s Sofia Coppola directed movie, Priscilla, will now go wide on Nov. 3 instead of Oct. 27.

The news comes on the heels of a glowing world premiere out of the Venice Film Festival where the movie based on the Priscilla Presley’s memoir Elvis and Me grabbed a 94% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes.

With Dune: Part Two moving off of Nov. 3, it creates more breathing room for others movies and availability of theaters. And, true, it’s also the last weekend ‘official’ weekend of the Taylor Swift: Eras Concert movie.

46 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Meh 63% RT verified audience score. Critic score also down quite a bit to 84% as it was constantly above 90% before the expansion. 

Haven't seen the movie, but I heard it shows Elvis in a negative light. Elvis fans could be review bombing.

2 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

Great fucking movie by the way. Beautifully told story of fame and abuse and manipulation with two great actors in the front. Baz found dead in a ditch.

The thing is people dont want the ugly reality. They want the fairy tale of Elvis being a rags to riches story, of being taking advantaged of, and the tragic ending. A big reason why last year's Elvis movie did well.

20 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Haven't seen the movie, but I heard it shows Elvis in a negative light. Elvis fans could be review bombing.

Doesn't look like the review bombing. Exit poll like PostTrak wasn't much better at 71%. Looks like A24 give people something they aren't ready or expected. 

Remind me of Asteriod City which did well in the first weekend of wide release. That movie scored the same 62% from RT audience but better 78% from PostTrak. Wouldn't expect good hold from Priscilla from here then. Would need some luck to push the movie to $15m total.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Doesn't look like the review bombing. Exit poll like PostTrak wasn't much better at 71%. Looks like A24 give people something they aren't ready or expected. 

Remind me of Asteriod City which did well in the first weekend of wide release. That movie scored the same 62% from RT audience but better 78% from PostTrak. Wouldn't expect good hold from Priscilla from here then. Would need some luck to push the movie to $15m total.

Maybe people were just expecting a romance film with Priscilla and Elvis and got something else entirely?

34 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Maybe people were just expecting a romance film with Priscilla and Elvis and got something else entirely?

I haven't seen the movie but I don't think the trailer sell the movie like a typical romantic drama. This should be nothing like Spencer, another comparable movie but got 52% verified audience rotten score. I thought the trailer for Spencer undersold its psycho tone which caused some uproar among GA which were expecting some more straightforward drama.