Eric Ripley

MaXXXine | July 5, 2024 | A24 | The next follow-up to the movies X and Pearl

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Is there any evidence? Or it's another case of "trust me, bro"? Does she have a history of bad behaviour? As far as I'm aware she doesn't and if that's the case, then "press X to Doubt".

Better question, why is your first instinctual reaction to an allegation of abuse, to assume the person is making it up?

Why is the person's past relevant?

My close friend got convicted last year for raping two girls. For my whole life I known him he was an extremely nice and sweet guy. I guess he should be freed from prison because he was such a nice guy.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Better question, why is your first instinctual reaction to an allegation of abuse, to assume the person is making it up?

It's not my first instinctual reaction, I took a closer look at allegation and her behaviour pattern, and made an obvious conclusion it doesn't add up, allegation description itself looks ridiculous. There should be witnesses since it supposedly happened on set and if nobody can back it up, I call bull on this until I see any evidence.

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Why is the person's past relevant?

My close friend got convicted last year for raping two girls. For my whole life I known him he was an extremely nice and sweet guy. I guess he should be freed from prison because he was such a nice guy.

Your close friend is not celebrity in 2024, it's much easier to be a piece of shit while pretending to be a nice guy when you are nobody nowhere. When you are a public person, skeletons in the closet surface very easily, especially in the age of social media, so person's past is relevant. This is not her first movie, does it make perfect sense to you she suddenly decided to beat the shit out of some random extra for fun while not doing anything like that on every other movie she's made before? People who think beating random people is a lot of fun wouldn't do it once out of nowhere.

51 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It's not my first instinctual reaction, I took a closer look at allegation and her behaviour pattern, and made an obvious conclusion it doesn't add up, allegation description itself looks ridiculous. There should be witnesses since it supposedly happened on set and if nobody can back it up, I call bull on this until I see any evidence.

Your close friend is not celebrity in 2024, it's much easier to be a piece of shit while pretending to be a nice guy when you are nobody nowhere. When you are a public person, skeletons in the closet surface very easily, especially in the age of social media, so person's past is relevant. This is not her first movie, does it make perfect sense to you she suddenly decided to beat the shit out of some random extra for fun while not doing anything like that on every other movie she's made before? People who think beating random people is a lot of fun wouldn't do it once out of nowhere.

Genuine question, have you recently woken up from a 5 year coma?

46 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Genuine question, have you recently woken up from a 5 year coma?

Genuine question, did you completely ignore my entire post? I'm not on "guilty until proven innocent" train, especially when there are major questions without answers. Asking for witnesses since it supposedly happened on set during a take is not some wild ask. The same with questioning why did she suddenly decide to beat some random extra for fun without history of any sort of abuse or bad behaviour. Grifters exist, let's not pretend they don't and every single accusation is legit. You would know your close friend is a rapist much earlier if he was some celebrity in the age of social media.

Edited by Firepower

52 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Genuine question, did you completely ignore my entire post? I'm not on "guilty until proven innocent" train, especially when there are major questions without answers. Asking for witnesses since it supposedly happened on set during a take is not some wild ask. The same with questioning why did she suddenly decide to beat some random extra for fun without history of any sort of abuse or bad behaviour. Grifters exist, let's not pretend they don't and every single accusation is legit. You would know your close friend is a rapist much earlier if he was some celebrity in the age of social media.

Let’s see how the case unfolds. For all we know there are witnesses. 

10 hours ago, Firepower said:

Is there any evidence? Or it's another case of "trust me, bro"? Does she have a history of bad behaviour? As far as I'm aware she doesn't and if that's the case, then "press X to Doubt".

If it happened during a take, there's definitely going to be raw footage around. Will be interesting to see what happens with the actual case.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Nobody got mad when Daniel Day Lewis murdered background actors with bowling pins. NOW we have a problem with method acting??

Method acting is no excuse to treat your coworkers like shit or to abuse others.