Eric the Fall Guy

MaXXXine | July 5, 2024 | A24 | The next follow-up to the movies X and Pearl

15 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I hope this is less X slasher, and more Pearl-y

13 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Agreed. I was really meh on X but liked Pearl a lot.

I love both, but I’m the opposite - I love X more. This could end up being a mix. 

Just hope they don’t make the UK wait 6 months later than the US for this like they did with Pearl. 

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I loved X and adored Pearl but this trailer....didn't really do it for me. 

It seems a bit more conventional compared to X and Pearl but that could also be because it’s somewhat more contemporary now that it’s set in the 80s. 

2 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

It seems a bit more conventional compared to X and Pearl but that could also be because it’s somewhat more contemporary now that it’s set in the 80s. 

There's also something that feels forced about her encountering yet another crazy killer after X...this time bc it's 80s LA, it's the Night Stalker. And the whole "I wanna be a star!" thing was done to perfection in Pearl and feels repetitive here. So it's taking an element out of X and and element out of Pearl and combining them but to what looks like diminishing returns. But I hope it's great. 

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

There's also something that feels forced about her encountering yet another crazy killer after X...this time bc it's 80s LA, it's the Night Stalker. And the whole "I wanna be a star!" thing was done to perfection in Pearl and feels repetitive here. So it's taking an element out of X and and element out of Pearl and combining them but to what looks like diminishing returns. But I hope it's great. 

I mean Scream had Sidney encounter a new killer for like 5 movies in a row. I don’t think it needs to be 100% believable. These slasher series are a bit schlocky. 

This looks way more meta than I thought it would be. I just hope it takes a better "Stab" at it than Scream 3. The inclusion of Richard Ramirez (?) is very much a curve ball. Ti West clearly commentating on the birth of slashers with the sleazy excess of LA during that period of time.

Edited by ThePhasmid

23 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I mean Scream had Sidney encounter a new killer for like 5 movies in a row. I don’t think it needs to be 100% believable. These slasher series are a bit schlocky. 

Sure. I do hate every Scream movie after the first one lol. 

• ...wtf 1