Eric Prime

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

50 pages!

#WakandaForever

Not even a tenth of Jurassic Worlds OW Thread.

#NotanEvent

Spoiler

Yes

Spoiler

This is indeed

Spoiler

a joke

Spoiler

:qotd:

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I just rewatched The Dark Knight and it isnt even funny how much better that movie is than literally everything that came out after it in the superhero genre.

This is no swing at other movies, dont get me wrong. Im just baffled right now, i didnt remember how perfect TDK is, its unfair honestly.

Subjective but stuff like Deadpool, Infinity War, Spider-verse and Superman the Movie have higher replay value for me.

I understand Ledger's performance elevated the movie and the consensus is TDK is the best though.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Not even a tenth of Jurassic Worlds OW Thread.

#NotanEvent

Hide contents

Yes

Hide contents

This is indeed

Hide contents

a joke

Hide contents

Pre-Pandemic vs Post-Pandemic

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No.

Dont harm my Jurassic World record.

JW record seems safe for a long time. From a SH movie perspective it seems only Avengers movies and mega events like NWH seem capable to break the 200m barrier post pandemic (maybe the farewell Tom Holland Spidey movie will also be big). And Marvel usually places them in the traditional April/May slot or the December slot. 

Apart from SH movies the only others I can think of getting to the 200m mark might be Avatar sequels (maybe not the upcoming one but the finale if the movies are good) and maaaaybe a TGM sequel. But Avatar movies are all in December slot so JW record is safe from that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

JW record seems safe for a long time. From a SH movie perspective it seems only Avengers movies and mega events like NWH seem capable to break the 200m barrier post pandemic (maybe the farewell Tom Holland Spidey movie will also be big). And Marvel usually places them in the traditional April/May slot or the December slot. 

Apart from SH movies the only others I can think of getting to the 200m mark might be Avatar sequels (maybe not the upcoming one but the finale if the movies are good) and maaaaybe a TGM sequel. But Avatar movies are all in December slot so JW record is safe from that. 

Its a shame that i can only like and not love a comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I just rewatched The Dark Knight and it isnt even funny how much better that movie is than literally everything that came out after it in the superhero genre.

This is no swing at other movies, dont get me wrong. Im just baffled right now, i didnt remember how perfect TDK is, its unfair honestly.

dredd-hotshot.gif

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

26 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I really like TDK but I wouldn't put it as my best superhero movie or even in the top tier, I think it's a bit overrated in a similar vein to ESB

Agreed about ESB, great movie but feels a bit over rated. Personally think ANH is far better. 

But TDK for me is definitely top tier SH movie. Not my all time fav SH movie but its right up there near the top. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I really like TDK but I wouldn't put it as my best superhero movie or even in the top tier, I think it's a bit overrated in a similar vein to ESB

I know this is a "me" thing, but the one thing that always takes me out of Dark Knight is how the climax is based around government phone surveillance being a good thing that saves the day. Which like...that's really weird.

Happy Wakanda Forever performed well this weekend. Interested to see it’s legs now. 41m Sunday is great, far from the 60m of the 1st one though.

However it just reminds you how amazing the performance the 1st film was, it was very exciting at the time. Wakanda Forever won’t come close to that but that 1st film was just lightning in a bottle.

6 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Happy Wakanda Forever performed well this weekend. Interested to see it’s legs now. 41m Sunday is great, far from the 60m of the 1st one though.

However it just reminds you how amazing the performance the 1st film was, it was very exciting at the time. Wakanda Forever won’t come close to that but that 1st film was just lightning in a bottle.

Yeah the first one's Sunday was the perfect combo of cultural phenomenon type word of mouth and holiday weekend (Presidents' Day). 

12 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

I know this is a "me" thing, but the one thing that always takes me out of Dark Knight is how the climax is based around government phone surveillance being a good thing that saves the day. Which like...that's really weird.

Morgan Freeman’s character is appalled by it and its implications and threatens to resign over it. So while showing it to be somewhat useful to Batman the movie also makes it clear that it is a morally and ethically bad thing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Yeah the first one's Sunday was the perfect combo of cultural phenomenon type word of mouth and holiday weekend (Presidents' Day). 

BP's first Sunday was the second largest Sunday ever at the time, behind only TFA I believed (60.1 vs 60.5).