Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

I’m surprised at how little people are talking about how much the novelty of 3D added to the legs of the first one, and how the second just doesn’t have that luxury. Yeah we all know 3D failed miserably in the months/years afterwards, but it really was one of the (many) draws at the time. 

People already talked about this in other thread

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Hmm why TA above NWH? I don't think anyone thought NWH would reach those WW numbers. If it was released in China it would have been #3rd WW.

No one thought TA would make those numbers either, and it was actual #3 WW. It’s WW-C was good enough for #3mon WW overall whereas NWH wasn’t even top 3 WW-C. With far better legs considering calendar+took OW records.

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I’m surprised at how little people are talking about how much the novelty of 3D added to the legs of the first one, and how the second just doesn’t have that luxury. Yeah we all know 3D failed miserably in the months/years afterwards, but it really was one of the (many) draws at the time. 

I’ve said that on like of half dozen of my posts, but yeah I agree. I love Cameron, but not because of 3D. It was a fad and I’m glad that it’s not that much omnipresent as it once was. Watching Wakanda Forever in the biggest screen in my country (lieMAX but still) without 3D glasses was lush. First time I experienced that around here. 

Just now, cookie said:

I don't think anyone saw $1.5b for TA1 coming either given how MCU Phase One generally performed.

I agree but NWH was only Spidey though. I mean it's incredible to gross so high based on a single character. FFH was first movie to gross billion then boom you have nwh out of nowhere breaking incredible records

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

If Avatar does good, its all credit to JC, JC can even make things happens - like unlock China, like make Foreign Xchange better but sadly, if it's still doing bad - Let's all blame's it on Disney.

Lmao true 🤣

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I agree but NWH was only Spidey though. I mean it's incredible to gross so high based on a single character. FFH was first movie to gross billion then boom you have nwh out of nowhere breaking incredible records

It wasn't that out of nowhere, because it wasn't a single character.

• Like 2

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

It wasn't that out of nowhere, because it wasn't a single character.

Spiderman as a single character. I mean not team up like other movies where different superheroes come together 

Just now, Nero said:

I’m not sure what trilogy I like it more, Cap’s or Spidey’s. While Iron Man’s was uneven, Captain America’s flawless, very few films were able to capture the actual feel of a serialized comic book like the Spider-Man trilogy does. The way things connect between Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity Saga and Far From Home / No Way Home is flawless to me. Watts is underrated as fuck and doesn’t get enough credit.

5 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I’m not sure what trilogy I like it more, Cap’s or Spidey’s. While Iron Man’s was uneven, Captain America’s flawless, very few films were able to capture the actual feel of a serialized comic book like the Spider-Man trilogy does. The way things connect between Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity Saga and Far From Home / No Way Home is flawless to me. Watts is underrated as fuck and doesn’t get enough credit.

Spidey is top for me atm. But Guardians should take the crown in May, BP will have a chance for me with 3rd film, though would be hard to necessarily call that a character trilogy as opposed to a general Wakanda trilogy. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

On 12/15/2022 at 10:41 PM, M37 said:

I'm basically penciling in TGM's pattern (using True Thur) with a softer (non-holiday + World Cup) Sunday until proven otherwise. So like 17/37/43.5/35.5 = $133

Still where I’m at for the weekend fwiw, Friday looks to be on target, Saturday a decent range of outcomes for this size of opening 

Also, has anyone gotten bingo yet? 😂

Just now, Korra Legion said:

Cap trilogy >> for now. Gotg with a real shot and am an outside shot in the next two releases.

Great call. I absolutely love Vol. 1 and 2, and don’t even get me started with the Holiday Special. I cried my eyes out. Also that Vol. 3 trailer hurts my soul. I think I have an educated idea where it might be going based in the source material but it still hurts, nonetheless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

For trilogy Guardians would be probably be no. 1 then Cap after that Spidey