Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Remarkable how many people overthought the fundaments here. 

A GIGANTIC CHUNK of Avatar 1's gross was 3D surcharges. Take away the 3D gimmick and not only does it lose like $150m off the bat from the surcharges, but probably another $200m from people just never go see it period. The 3D gimmick is completely erased & its showing here. Plus all the other well established pop culture relevance points. 

Takeaway the 3D angle and its obvious Avatar was not even close to as influential as some of the major blockbusters of that time such as THE DARK KNIGHT, INCEPTION, or even TRANSFORMERS. 

Legs will be good no doubt. 

@Hatebox your wish has been fulfilled 🙃

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Remarkable how many people overthought the fundaments here. 

A GIGANTIC CHUNK of Avatar 1's gross was 3D surcharges. Take away the 3D gimmick and not only does it lose like $150m off the bat from the surcharges, but probably another $200m from people just never go see it period. The 3D gimmick is completely erased & its showing here. Plus all the other well established pop culture relevance points.  

But there also has been 35%+ inflation

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Hmmm. Cap has the best fight scenes though

That’s tough. That’s incredibly tough. All of them are so good. I’m still impressed as fuck with Shang-Chi and I think my most controversial MCU opinion of all time is that Love and Thunder is Thor’s best film edging Ragnarok slightly. I completely understand the criticisms for Eternals. I will even understand some of the criticisms of Multiverse of Madness. I will go to my grave defending Love and Thunder though, the criticism of that film after Ragnarok simply doesn’t make sense to me. Also cemented Thor as one of my favorite MCU characters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Not everyone.

I mean yeah but saying that now would be a cheap shot lol.

Edit: OT question to @Cap, since when the servers got an upgrade? It was absurdly laggy last year and that was a thing for years, and now it’s awesome. Whatever you do, keep these new servers.

Edited by Alligator Zatt

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Prefer IW and SC in that department, but yeah, that's definitely one of the film's strengths. Just as an overall package, it doesn't come together emotionally for me as much as the ones I have ranked higher. 

👍

2 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

That’s tough. That’s incredibly tough. All of them are so good. I’m still impressed as fuck with Shang-Chi and I think my most controversial MCU opinion of all time is that Love and Thunder is Thor’s best film edging Ragnarok slightly. I completely understand the criticisms for Eternals. I will even understand some of the criticisms of Multiverse of Madness. I will go to my grave defending Love and Thunder though, the criticism of that film after Ragnarok simply doesn’t make sense to me. Also cemented Thor as one of my favorite MCU characters.

I loved Ragnarok and also loved Thor from that point on. But L&T seems like a mess to me. It doesn't help that there was no Loki to counterbalance Thor which was really essential. Also feel like taika didn't give his best treatment (didn't direct it seriously) otherwise it doesn't make sense how bad L&T became

Me waking up to see the thread. Oooh, shinny new comments… oh.. oh… no

20 minutes ago, Andreas said:

People discussing the MCU in the last 5 pages of Avatar's OW thread.

This is the nightmare scenario for Jim's fans...

Might be mine too?!?!

18 minutes ago, nydedan said:

sorry but what is this MCU discussion

I assume ways to pad the page count?!

17 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Cap's is the best trilogy because it's the worst 'trilogy' in the sense that you can't just watch those three and know what's going on.  

It's so funny to think about that person that ONLY watched those movies and nothing else and just being utterly confused at Civil War.

Steve wants to get Bucky out of prison and Tony is being a Dick about it. What is hard to understand? 😘

13 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

The real cap trilogy is TWS AoU cw 

and it’s better than tfa-tws-cw

Reveal hidden contents

Captain America Listening GIF by Spider-Man

We will not tolerate that TFA disrespect, even if I respect your understanding that Captain America is the soul of the Infinity Saga: TFA - TWS - CACW - IW/EG is the real arc 🥰

Anyway. 

C’mon people. I dropped a spicy (but honest) Terminator 2 take and we are taking about the MCU. Let’s get back on track. Y’all are gonna make me watch True Lies next, aren’t you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Page count is 77 huh? It's time to learn what happens when you cross me, Menor! 

**Oh no, my finger slipped and I accidentally deleted 193 comments....**

A disruption in communications could mean only one thing. Invasion! So we will show the XXR people that they cannot take what they want. And that this...this is our forum!

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

C’mon people. I dropped a spicy (but honest) Terminator 2 take and we are taking about the MCU. Let’s get back on track. Y’all are gonna make me watch True Lies next, aren’t you?

Gotta watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles now. It’s not even 22 hours long and that is 31 posts of content if you do one blog per ep

Edited by Korra Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

This thread definitely gets more pages than Avatar gets millions OW DOM

Could be close tbh, sometimes these things die down on the later half of the wknd

Edited by Korra Legion

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Ok I'm up. What did I miss

Well it’s a fast-moving bot wknd thread on early fri, so the naive guess would be that you missed mcu rankings. However, in reality, you missed

Spoiler

Mcu rankings

Edited by Korra Legion
  • Haha 4