Deep Wang

Avatar: The Way of Water Second Weekend Guesspalooza! CLOSED!

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Hmm.What was your OW predict? $132M?

Officially yes, but that was partially dictated by the other guesses in the contest. Was more in the $132-137M range, an ~8x off a $16.5-$17M Thursday

Just now, Korra Legion said:

Wow look at this chump, couldn’t even see the 7.9 coming 😛 

I believe we both think the actual preview was a shade under 17, rounded up 😉

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

FWIW expecting weekdays to be fairly weak and make this look tough, and then expecting Friday bump to be significantly better than R1 to get it back on track. 

I’ll make a small wager on fri bump less than RO if you’re interested

24 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

isn't a strong fri bump (and even sat hold) going to be really tough if the storm in the south is as bad as people say. I went 61 but I'm thinking lower's probably more realistic.

Like, if it goes low 60s with shit weather, that feels real strong.

I mentioned it briefly in the main thread, but R1 had an increase Wed>Thurs of 12%.  Assuming Avatar does something similar, doesn't that also decrease the ceiling of Friday increase?

• Like 1

Just now, Deep Wang said:

I mentioned it briefly in the main thread, but R1 had an increase Wed>Thurs of 12%.  Assuming Avatar does something similar, doesn't that also decrease the ceiling of Friday increase?

Feels kiiiind of weird to quote my original post asking for explanations after I've already lowered it, but I'm not necessarily thinking about this one too much and calcing it, I'm just going gut feeling (or a number that I'd want without venturing into the delusional, so to speak).

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Eh, in a sense yes, but since most are using RO dailies as the comp anyway, I don't think that should materially affect projections. 

• Like 1

Just now, JustLurking said:

Feels kiiiind of weird to quote my original post asking for explanations after I've already lowered it, but I'm not necessarily thinking about this one too much and calcing it, I'm just going gut feeling (or a number that I'd want without venturing into the delusional, so to speak).

No, I'm just sincerely asking if an increase on Thursday would soften the increase on Friday 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Officially yes, but that was partially dictated by the other guesses in the contest. Was more in the $132-137M range, an ~8x off a $16.5-$17M Thursday

Hmm I'm going with $56M then 🙂

Edited by Nero

24 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

No, I'm just sincerely asking if an increase on Thursday would soften the increase on Friday 😅

Somewhat - a lot of people are going to have Friday off, so you get an increase on Thursday from evening show bump, but also a higher ceiling on Friday (kinda like Veteran’s day weekend).

Given running time and resulting skew towards earlier times, would expect a smaller Thur bump but bigger Fri increase than RO (before applying weather related impacts)

• Like 1