Deep Wang

Avatar: The Way of Water Second Weekend Guesspalooza! CLOSED!

Damn, when I thought I was gonna be pretty low, and instead my guess might be the average:)...

I mean, some of these low weekend numbers would mean this film wouldn't get close to 1x its $460M production budget domestic...and then the word "flop" would possibly exist, and not just in jest...

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Damn, when I thought I was gonna be pretty low, and instead my guess might be the average:)...

I mean, some of these low weekend numbers would mean this film wouldn't get close to 1x its $460M production budget domestic...and then the word "flop" would possibly exist, and not just in jest...

Not even with a Storm do I think it will be hitting 30-40M range lol.. Folks came through a fierce winter storms and Avatar 1 held for 77 and 71M OW 2 :-O!!

I think many will come out...Storm Be Damned!

So ... If Avatwo were to follow Rogue One's daily drop from OW exactly, it would be a second weekend of $19.66/$14.65/$25.11 = $59.42M

But, while RO saw just a 31% decline for Xmas Day vs the 1st weekend, last year NWH was -57% - Christmas Day movies are weaker. Plus the winter storm potentially keeping people home, putting movies the backseat

Putting it all together, I'm gonna go with:

$53,730,037 (-59.9%)

Preview of weekend thread

Im Out Fran Healy GIF by Travis

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Would someone be kind enough to work out my prediciton for me. I'm dyslexic and not good at fractions.

I'm saying 40% drop from the OW.

Yes its crazy, and yes i'm resolute!.🤑

80.4?

• Thanks 1