Deep Wang

Avatar: The Way of Water Second Weekend Guesspalooza! CLOSED!

Just now, Deep Wang said:

Can't believe Kal is barely above you 

Listen i'm well aware i'm taking a bit of a leap of faith with that number, but at the same time Christmas weekends are very hard to work out, with Christmas eve and all that.

But just remember Sherlock Holmes 2 only dropped 49% on Christmas weekend (I think it was SH2, some film did anyway)

Anyway like i said in the other thread, i'm personaly not going to start worrying about the films potential until we get to the Christmas week weekdays. If thos weekdays dont do 100+mil, then i'll accept defeat.

8 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Listen i'm well aware i'm taking a bit of a leap of faith with that number, but at the same time Christmas weekends are very hard to work out, with Christmas eve and all that.

But just remember Sherlock Holmes 2 only dropped 49% on Christmas weekend (I think it was SH2, some film did anyway)

Anyway like i said in the other thread, i'm personaly not going to start worrying about the films potential until we get to the Christmas week weekdays. If thos weekdays dont do 100+mil, then i'll accept defeat.

its not about you, its about Sheldoncr's prediction being "low" for him

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Sorry, I meant that Kal's was almost as low as yours, not that yours was as high as his lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, european1992 said:

110M

damn I was going to predict 91 (still am even if its just for coping purposes) in hope of a small miracle and wanting to be the one with the highest predict in this thread , but no matter how hard I try I cant see a path to anything over 95

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, M37 said:

So ... If Avatwo were to follow Rogue One's daily drop from OW exactly, it would be a second weekend of $19.66/$14.65/$25.11 = $59.42M

But, while RO saw just a 31% decline for Xmas Day vs the 1st weekend, last year NWH was -57% - Christmas Day movies are weaker. Plus the winter storm potentially keeping people home, putting movies the backseat

Putting it all together, I'm gonna go with:

$53,730,037 (-59.9%)

Preview of weekend thread

Im Out Fran Healy GIF by Travis

What did rogue one open to?

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

What did rogue one open to?

~$155M, but with a $29M Thursday. So in theory, Avatwo should hold better by % because of a lower share on Thursday,  but I think the combination of a weaker X-mas day and weather (plus the generally larger 2nd week drops post-pandemic) pushes it down further

I do expect some recovery after Xmas fwiw, but by that point the dye may already be cast 

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

~$155M, but with a $29M Thursday. So in theory, Avatwo should hold better by % because of a lower share on Thursday,  but I think the combination of a weaker X-mas day and weather (plus the generally larger 2nd week drops post-pandemic) pushes it down further

I do expect some recovery after Xmas fwiw, but by that point the dye may already be cast 

Hmm.What was your OW predict? $132M?