Deep Wang

Avatar: The Way of Water Second Weekend Guesspalooza! CLOSED!

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

OK let's go with a round 60m, the weather news has made predicting this very difficult. 

I live in Maine. We have a saying up here that if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change. So who knows what we’re going to get this weekend! Is it going to be rain? Is it going to be snow? Is it gonna be sleet?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

I live in Maine. We have a saying up here that if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change. So who knows what we’re going to get this weekend! Is it going to be rain? Is it going to be snow? Is it gonna be sleet?!

I promise you I won't set foot outside on Friday, but I'll be wearing shorts on Sunday I guarantee it.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

$58.550M - yeah, if I've been Eeyore the whole time, I'm gonna keep embracing it...

(OW actuals -Thurs previews) *.5 - yeah, I did Math for this one:)...

Edit: an overall 56.5% drop from OW...

So, changing based on the (probably bogus) $14.5M Tues...but if it's real, I did put my breakdown in the other thread...

$47,999,999 (in case someone actually put 48M so I don't snipe them)...

And I'm really trying to be the lowest possible total, so I don't win...but I don't think that's gonna be possible...so, here's just a total...

even wih a 50M christmas weekend non less than 750M domestic total. I read in a forum of Cameron fans most people are going to see this after the 15th january. 

The more you wait more satysfing is. 13 years and a month a lot better than just 13 years. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1

Some data on the entries. Here's the distribution in $2M increments

kchrSha.png

If you exclude the clear outliers (<48M and above $75), then the average (and geo mean) are both right around $58M - seems like that's the expectations level for the second weekend

Want to win? Gotta thread the needle to do so, with less variance on second weekend (usually, but weather throwing a ... snowball into the mix). Between $53 and $59M, the average winning window is only about $410K, and between $57-$59M it drops to just $250K. Expect a lot of refreshing when actuals are released (likely on Tuesday)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

He's new @Deep Wang, maybe we could let it slide this one time?  Maybe. 

Random new user who managed to find this thread (and a club!) within 5 minutes and enter a guess that just so happens to completely box me in 🤔

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

Random new user who managed to find this thread (and a club!) within 5 minutes and enter a guess that just so happens to completely box me in 🤔

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Oh sorry, I legitimately don't really know how this works.  I was just making a guess on the weekend. Should have read the rules.