Eric Twister

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

I’m not surprised BadOldCat is doing the concern trolling shit for Across and Mario like every other animation, there’s no way Across does a Titan AE. There’s a realistic possibility of a Kung Fu Panda 2/Dragon 2 but I can’t see it realistically under Sing 2 domestic or under 300m WW. I’m thinking more 70/200/400. Personally if it didn’t open in the summer I could see a 300/700 run.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JWR said:

I got an even more "controversial" take: Super Mario Bros ain't hitting $1B either. In fact, I think I might even miss $900M.

I don’t know. I do think it might surprise people. I have no idea how much popular Mario is in China. Question: is he popular at all in China? Because if it’s good expect to blow up in Japan and South America. Nintendo fans are certified insane.

2 minutes ago, JWR said:

I got an even more "controversial" take: Super Mario Bros ain't hitting $1B either. In fact, I think I might even miss $900M.

I don't think that's more controversial. I'd say under $1B or even 900....or 800....is far more likely than ATSV over $1B. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

I don't think that's more controversial. I'd say under $1B or even 900....or 800....is far more likely than ATSV over $1B. 

Mario could also be in the same 500m range as ATSV depending on overseas performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this problem is to be fixed, stop putting in 45 windowing for animation and put in 120 day windows for streaming. 120 days is much tougher for families to wait out but there’s no way the studios do this.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

It'll do great business, but I'm skeptical because it won't have that summer movie blockbuster kind of bump. It'll be more like Sonic 2: Big spring break weekend, then it levels out after.

35 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Kind of off topic but I just saw that Joker 2 has started filming but won't be out until END OF 2024. Why the long wait? 

Scheduling, in all likelihood. They likely want this one to repeat the original's run by bowing at the Venice Film Festival too.

3 minutes ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

@ZattMurdock Make the club and if it comes to pass, you win all of our praise for seeing what we could not. I remember when I was laughed at (by many, not all) for saying NWH would be bigger than the Avengers (2012). They called me a madman.  That can't happen, they said! But it did. It did! 

I mean I’d unfortunately laugh at you about NWH too. I just couldn’t see it. Now it’s one of the major factors that makes me think that Spider-Man is going to break out. 

1 minute ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Based on how huge this storm actually is, I'm willing to lower my Thu expectations to 11M. Hopefully Friday stays flat, but may go below 10M and Sat looks definitely like sub 10M. 

Thu - 11M

Fri - 11M (+0%, -79%)

Sat - 7.5M (-32%, -84%)

Sun - 17.5M (+133%, -52%)

36M weekend (-73%)

that sure would be something

2 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

No.

I mean Illumination does well overseas but it’s plausible it plays more like Lego Movie/Sonic/Grinch overseas with most of the chatter is from America. Spring is a different beast than summer too but that didn’t stop Zootopia for instance but that’s more of a exception rather than the norm.

Edited by YM!