Eric is Quiet

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

1. T2

2. Titanic

3. Aliens

4. The Abyss

5. Terminator

6. Avatar: The Way of the Water

7.  Avatar

8. True Lies

Never watched Piranha 2 or the Abyss doc.

Abyss documentary " Under Pressure" is awesome !! 

And True Lies is F A N T A S T I C !!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

My hot take is that I prefer Avatar to Titanic.

So, blue people over dead people...

Alas, I cannot come close to agreeing with you.  Like Cap, I have Avatar. the original, way down on the Cameron ranking list, while Titanic is my #1 by a mile...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Never watched Piranha 2 or the Abyss doc.

Abyss is the Titanic Doc. It’s just Cameron and Paxton chilling at the bottom of the Atlantic with the wreckage. Gorgeous footage. Super compelling 3rd act. And to quote @Eric in Boots “end twist M Night couldn’t even dream up”. Highly recommend. I think it might be on Disney+ internationally 

• Like 2

Just now, shruth said:

I think wed will be above mon gross. My local Imax is tracking better than it did for monday so far and im sure it's similar for most places. wed usually have better walk ins too. I can def see $16.5m for wed which would be amazing

nice

Deadlines really close predictions should come through in like 30 mins I think

I think what’s most interesting about my list is that True Lies is one of the blockbuster films that aged the worst for me. Product of its time sure, but it’s the diametrically opposed to T2, which I respect more every year that goes by. I remember when like one decade ago I held True Lies in high regard.

19 minutes ago, Cap said:

Okay, here we go. Fight over this.

I just re-watch James Cameron’s filmography this week. Here are my rankings:

1. Titanic

2. The Abyss

3. T2

4. Ghosts of the Abyss

5. Terminator 

6. Aliens

7. True Lies

8. Avatar

I originally was going to put avatar over true lies, but avatar doesn’t have the horse chase scene. 

God, this is just... wrong. 

Walking Glancing GIF

I'm pretty sure this ranking is recognized as an official sign of early-onset dementia.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, blue people over dead people...

Alas, I cannot come close to agreeing with you.  Like Cap, I have Avatar. the original, way down on the Cameron ranking list, while Titanic is my #1 by a mile...

I love the majority of Titanic, but once the ship starts sinking I find the remainder of the movie to be overlong and kinda bleh. 

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

Abyss is the Titanic Doc. It’s just Cameron and Paxton chilling at the bottom of the Atlantic with the wreckage. Gorgeous footage. Super compelling 3rd act. And to quote @Eric in Boots “end twist M Night couldn’t even dream up”. Highly recommend. I think it might be on Disney+ internationally 

I have an obscene backlog for films, series and gaming. I’m playing Midnight Suns and I truly need to watch Andor - and to a less extent Obi-Wan - before the end of the year. But I’ll add to my backlog list for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

we could run a quick case study!

SECTION A | Give a score between 0 and 10 for the following questions, with 10 being love, and 0 being hate.

How much do you like the Star Wars franchise?

How much do you like MCU?

How much do you like the Avatar franchise?

SECTION B | Answer yes or no for the following questions

Would Avatar flopping bring you enjoyment?

Are you wishing for meltdowns on this website?

I haven't posted in any AVATAR threads yet but I'll play!

How much do you like the Star Wars franchise?

How much do you like MCU?

Phases 1-3

Phase 4

How much do you like the Avatar franchise?

Would Avatar flopping bring you enjoyment?

No. I would enjoy watching it underperform, though, mostly because JC has become an unbearably pompous public figure at this point, and he could use a pin in his balloon... and the film just didn't do it for me. I love some of his films but the AVATAR movies leave me cold, so I'm bummed that he's going to end up spending two decades of his career on this. Would rather see him tackle something original again.

Are you wishing for meltdowns on this website?

No, the looooooong squabbling makes it that much harder to locate the BO numbers that I'm usually after when I visit this site!

Peace to all, and Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-550-million-1235467215/

On Tuesday, “Avatar: The Way of Water” added a solid $18.3 million domestically and $40.5 million internationally. So far, it’s generated $168.6 million domestically and $387.3 million internationally to date, taking its global tally to $555.9 million.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 8

12 minutes ago, shruth said:

I think wed will be above mon gross. My local Imax is tracking better than it did for monday so far and im sure it's similar for most places. wed usually have better walk ins too. I can def see $16.5m for wed which would be amazing

I'm seeing something different...will give an early guess after my Avatar 2 showing.

12 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Let's check in on how local politics in my professional area are going!

Please waste one minute and forty seconds of your life watching this. I am not sure if our simulation is working anymore.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-550-million-1235467215/

On Tuesday, “Avatar: The Way of Water” added a solid $18.3 million domestically and $40.5 million internationally. So far, it’s generated $168.6 million domestically and $387.3 million internationally to date, taking its global tally to $555.9 million.

$18.3M DOMESTIC
$40.5M INT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1