Eric is Quiet

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Where are the white dude think pieces about the anti-art slander towards my dear Puss in Boots 

Nobody is slandering Puss In Boots on social media to generate that (based on it's first day, probably because sadly nobody cares about the movie to attack it but this is another story)

53 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Impressive is subjective I would say.

I would have been impressed with 350M admits WW. Granted China isn't optimum, so can put that to 270M+ WW-C.

This for now looks like 200M, about same as Frozen 2 and less than The Lion King & The Force Awakens.

yeah 200 million admits aint that impressive for what this is suppossed to be

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

I love these dumb twitter takes as if their god is being attacked because A. The movie as an art form is bad (look at Kermode review) 

B. It is basically a tech demo reel with the thinnest of anything else belying past Cameron films where he excelled at connecting his characters with audience. What do we have here ? A wave oh my god the spectacle . Oh my god the visuals. Oh my god that action sequence . What about the story the music the characters ? Zilch zero 

james Cameron career has been wrecked with his obsession with a racially biased movie and James doesn’t care . Audience doesn’t care because all they want to froth their mouths at is their lord and savior breaking box office https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/22/entertainment/avatar-2-way-of-water-indigenous-boycott-cec/index.html

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

The movie as an art form is bad (look at Kermode review)  

I'm not entering this stupid discussion but really, mimicking other people opinion to proof your personal feeling isn't smart as you seems to think.

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm not entering this stupid discussion but really, mimicking other people opinion to proof your personal feeling isn't smart as you seems to think.

I’m not being smart or think I’m better than anyone . I have an opinion that pushing a movie that is only there as a technical spectacle and and bereft of anything else belies the art form of movies and his past movies and people just push it because they want to see this tech demo make money even if as a movie movie as a character movie as a music theme as a connecting with character it’s soulless and that too on purpose just because the focus is all visuals