charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 minute ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Being reported at 20.4 so probably not a lowball. Only slightly above my prediction which is good. Today may be trickier since last Thursday was the beginning effects of the winter storms. Hopefully it’s over 19.

Yesterday the estimate was 23.8 and the actual was 24.1.

Let's see how today goes. As it can go higher on actuals it can go lower as well. Hoping for higher always. 🙂

Also from Deadline

Disney/Marvel Studio’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever won’t stop with $1.5M yesterday, +69% from a week ago, for a running total of $431.4M, currently the second highest grossing movie of the year stateside behind Top Gun: Maverick‘s $718.7M.

Fourth belonged to Tri-Star/Compelling Pictures/Black Label Media’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody with $1.17M yesterday, -25% from Tuesday for a running six day total of $9.47M.

Paramount’s Babylon made an estimated $784K in day 6, -22% from Tuesday’s $1M. The Damien Chazelle directed pic’s running total stands at $6.6M.

A shoutout to Searchlight’s twisty genre comedy The Menu starring Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Fiennes. The Mark Mylod directed title’s running cume of $34.77M has beat the domestic final of the distributor’s dark period comedy The Favourite, which was boosted by Oscar noms and a win for Olivia Colman. The pic made an estimated $270K yesterday. The movie is up for two Golden Globes for Fiennes in Best Actor Musical/Comedy and Taylor-Joy in the Actress Best Actress Musical/Comedy category.

• Like 3

The Menu is really gonna end above Babylon and Whitney. Just imagine if it were released by a studio that actually knew what was doing with the Searchlight titles. Just imagine. 

• Like 5

Deadline

Universal/DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots: The Last Wish saw its second Wednesday at $5.8M, +82% from its opening day a week ago. Through eight days, the Joel Crawford-directed, Januel Mercado co-directed title stands at $38.7M.

Disney/Marvel Studio’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever won’t stop with $1.5M yesterday, +69% from a week ago, for a running total of $431.4M, currently the second highest grossing movie of the year stateside behind Top Gun: Maverick‘s $718.7M.

The movie is enjoying super strong late legs. I won't even rule out $450m.

Maybe im wrong but i feel like other than the big outliers (Sunday) ,actuals seem to have come 0.1-0.5 million more than deadline reported disney projections on most days thus far so yeah maybe that will be in the 20.5-21 range as well. Good performance nontheless

18 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Being reported at 20.4 so probably not a lowball. Only slightly above my prediction which is good. Today may be trickier since last Thursday was the beginning effects of the winter storms. Hopefully it’s over 19.

Today is easy. It’s just same as yday

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The movie is enjoying super strong late legs. I won't even rule out $450m.

Pretty normal for the calendar. It has been tracking for 445-460 or so for pretty much all of december 

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I don’t think increase is not doable,last weekend is christmas eve

Let's say it makes another $50 million this Thursday. That would give it $812 million before the weekend.

Last weekend, it made $176.6 million. It needs to make $188 million this coming weekend to touch $1 billion. Might be difficult.

But seeing it doing $50 million in the dailies, I now see $188 million this coming weekend and $1 billion by Sunday a possibility.