charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

As for the serious reply, i think Your Name is visually one of the must stunning and beautiful anime films of the 2010s. The story however is nothing that special for me. 

So you could say it’s like the…. NeverMind 😘😘

• Haha 1

Wow, shit hit the fan while I was gone huh!? Glad it was calmed down after @XXR M37's Club Is Dead is Dead brought in the goods.

Happy I got my 5.7M+ PiB Thursday!

Hopefully we get a 16M+ weekend. I am seeing Puss in Boots TLW again today, so expect to see my dollars in today's gross 😁

Edited by Alex SciChannel

43 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

22M would be good enough. 23M would be great. 25M would be bonkers and take Avatar’s 3rd weekend down. 70M+ would be on the cards. Still sticking with my 62M prediction off about 23M today. 

63m 3 day l for me.

So we got near identical feelings on this one brother Fanboy.🏋‍♀️💪

And for the 4 Day=80m

Definitely could see 70-75m  3rd weekend hitting tho And 90m+ 4 day.😱😱 ( just wow...Where all those no 600-700m possible naysayers now  lol 😂)

Bring Me the Maverick Pandorians. Bring him to meeee!  750-800+ m domestic Let's go!!

" We Will Send  The Naysayers the Message!"

" That This..." This is still our Land!"

Watching Zoe Saldana GIF by Avatar

I think the core issue is so many Avatar fans on here had a weird like superiority complex here over box office numbers so now that it's not going to do their insane out of this world predictions of a billion domestic and three billion worldwide they're falling back on some insane idea that the big insane legs are coming 'any day now' instead of just being happy that the film's looking likely to hit 2 billion (An insane metric still) and could very possibly pass 600 million. I knew this was coming though after none of them admitted they were wrong about Alita.

Warning: Rant 

Spoiler
Spoiler

This is why I've been pissed about Avatar BO tracking for the last two years. The culture of superiority that runs through these people (especially Cameron himself), is what really soured me initially on tracking this film, even though I still want to see it do well for the good of the box office in general, I'm sorry but sometimes ppl need to realize how insufferable they are being. People wonder why Avatar has so many haters in the BO community. This is why

Rant over. To the mods, this is all I will say on the subject

EDIT: I realize I was late to this convo, if mods want me to take this down I will

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Well i'd hope those mid level films still got a cinema release, even if its also day and date on streaming.

Consumers having more choice is better than less choice.

I mean things could still change in a few more years. A lot of people worldwide are struggling money wise, its not just the after effects of covid.

Yeah options are good, is just there's always like a reaction to blame studios no matter what, when the market has changed. 

Just now, Cheddar Please said:

Spoiler
  Hide contents

This is why I've been pissed about Avatar BO tracking for the last two years. The culture of superiority that runs through these people (especially Cameron himself), is what really soured me initially on tracking this film, even though I still want to see it do well for the good of the box office in general, I'm sorry but sometimes ppl need to realize how insufferable they are being. People wonder why Avatar has so many haters in the BO community. This is why

Sounds like an internal problem if you let the big man himself get to you so much.

What is about what he said that rubs you the wrong way?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

37th biggest OW to 30th biggest 2nd weekend to 2nd biggest 3rd weekend would be an absurd trajectory for the ages… hope it happens. 

I think  Cameron pulls its off. What you predicting Brother movie man..Can you freaking imagine a 3rd weekend that hits 75-77m and 88-94 m 4 day!🦝👍

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Hide contents
Spoiler

EDIT: I realize I was late to this convo, if mods want me to take this down I will

Let the meltdowns of naysayers begin!

" Everything Changed!"

High Five Friends GIF by Avatar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

mid. but at least it's better than Your Name.

your name suck serious balls (a silent voice not any better) 

not sure how it was the "best anime of all time" for a few months

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

As for the serious reply, i think Your Name is visually one of the must stunning and beautiful anime films of the 2010s. The story however is nothing that special for me. Id give it like a 7/10. But im also not that into romance anime in general, so that could play a role.

thought you were going for an avatar joke in there

• Haha 1

So @charlie Jatinder does not have early access to comscore data. That would be more reliable than projecting from a regional chain. I looked at MTC1 and data looks insanely strong but I wont provide a number as I did not track yesterday or any day recently. Just feeling its gonna be really good though it wont be a surprise with so much data being tracked. 

I have not seen the movie due to personal reasons. but hoping to see it morning tomorrow at Imax(want to see the oppenheimer trailer on big screen as well). Definitely looking forward to it. 

After an underwhelming final week of presales and below par OW, movie is doing what we expect from a JC movie. With January release schedule being so light, its going to have a leggy run into 2023 for sure. Overseas most markets have done their part. Collapse in Japan and below par China being only downers overall. Still overall numbers are fantastic. its OS number will be bigger than anything but 1st movie and endgame. That is not a mean feat with $ being so strong compared to 1st movie release date. Overall it has done enough for Disney to greenlight all the way to 5th movie. 

• Like 2

HolyGrailRabbitRunAway.jpg

killer-rabbit.gif

*sees the Thur Number AND the possible Fri projection*

"OHHHH... JUST A HARMLESS LITTLE MOVIE, ISN'T IT??"

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Sounds like an internal problem if you let the big man himself get to you so much.

What is about what he said that rubs you the wrong way?

I'm back brother jimbo. Any chance it can beat my 63m 3rd weekend by 10 or more mil.

What's your regular predict and highend 3rd weekend and 4 day cume my longtime compare.

Man this glorious for nearly 14 years. All the name calling saying Avatar fans are done like dinner. Hang it James never going to get it done

This so satisfying!!

Avatar 2 heading for nearly 2b without a strong China. How about that! Wowww!

" We will teach them Pandorian Ways!?"

Fun Swimming GIF by Avatar