charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Wow. Avatar 2 easily getting to #2nd of the year and $500m surprises me.

It's a sequel to a movie with near zero longevity in the public consciousness but will comfortably beat all the other franchises. Not sure if climate change is part of the story again, but doing that in spite of the conservative backlash against that is also commendable.

Thought it would only end up with $400m max and more likely $350m which it's past already/soon.

I feel there is a massive desire by audiences for non superhero blockbusters

That is why Jurassic Dominion still did a billion even though it was such trash.

That is why Top Gun Maverick became an all time hit.

and why avatar will cruise to 2 billion. 

• Like 1

Everything is following a nice pattern.

We get an early not so great number, beat said provider into submission (asking them to watch Morbius on continual loop) until they change there number to something decent. Forum gets giddy with excitement and proclaims its reaching 1 billion domestic. Number gets rounded back to something good but not great. Forum swings back against said provider and terms like "water boarding" get thrown around. Number is then estimated very close to prediction and then revised up a little bit with actuals. 

Cycle is then repeated the following day.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

I am shocked but happy how well BPWK has hold up since A2 release. 

Aside from Avatar and Puss in Boots, it's really the only other movie out over the holidays you can easily bring the family too. No surprise it has also taken advantage of the barren landscape to enjoy late legs.

• Like 1

By the way all incase  you don't think africa has incredible cities like NY and Cali and china because they keep showing the poorest areas. I thought this might be of interest and why you always want lots of media outside of the big 6

Wakunda forever is not to far from the truth. This is truly mankind's beginning land😎👍🦝

7 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

That is why Jurassic Dominion still did a billion even though it was such trash.

Only 2 billion my brother? Let's go for more than that. I think it can best titanics 2.2b ww. Well at least until the re-release coming up.😄👍

Congrats to BP2 . Wakunda is indeed still hanging in there. Heh heh

10 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

They do seem to be looking for something different, I sense that. The floor audience for superheroes, especially Marvel, is still massive though.

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty will be a shot in the arm in two and a half of years time, no doubt. It will have been a long time since the last big superhero event.

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

They do seem to be looking for something different, I sense that. The floor audience for superheroes, especially Marvel, is still massive though.

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty will be a shot in the arm in two and a half of years time, no doubt. It will have been a long time since the last big superhero event.

I feel like Deadpool 3 can become a big event aswell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

I think Avatar is just going to be a stable beast from here on out. Consistently very good numbers but nothing so big it comes out of left field.

As usual I'd love to be proven wrong though. That's the joy of Cameron movies at the box office. He'll always shock us box office nerds!

I'm counting on a domestic shakeup. Makes up for China and Japan a bit. And indeed Cameron frustrates the best of the calculating nerds especially the last 25 years. Heh heh

🦝😉🦾

20 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

As an mcu loonie I hate to admit you have a point.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Everything is following a nice pattern.

We get an early not so great number, beat said provider into submission (asking them to watch Morbius on continual loop) until they change there number to something decent. Forum gets giddy with excitement and proclaims its reaching 1 billion domestic. Number gets rounded back to something good but not great. Forum swings back against said provider and terms like "water boarding" get thrown around. Number is then estimated very close to prediction and then revised up a little bit with actuals. 

Cycle is then repeated the following day.  

peer pressure is a wonderful thing

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

If good that could be massive. But who do DP and Jackmans Wolverine take on??

As a villain you mean? No idea. I feel like they won't use someone specifically from the Deadpool mythos. They'll go with a multiversal character to emphasize the fish out of water aspect for Deadpool the character. 

Or I could totally see them using Liev Schreiber's Saberetooth (with de-aging) or some other character from X-Men Origins: Wolverine as a fun callback to the movie that tied the two main characters together (Deadpool and Wolverine).

Edited by Verrows

6 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

If good that could be massive. But who do DP and Jackmans Wolverine take on??

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

As a villain you mean? No idea. I feel like they won't use someone specifically from the Deadpool mythos. They'll go with a multiversal character to emphasize the fish out of water aspect for Deadpool the character. 

Kang via TVA proxy 

• Like 1