XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

1 minute ago, Mr Roark said:

Avatar is synonymous of top notch 3D experience. That’s its cultural impact in NA.

It's a meme at this point, I hope more of 'no cultural impact' movies have their own very popular theme park. But hey where are muh memes?

Asked what fans can expect, Cameron tells 20 Minutes (via SFFGazette.com), "Different cultures from those I have already shown. The fire will be represented by the 'Ash People.'" 

"I want to show the Na’vi in a different light because, so far, I have only shown their good sides," he continued. "In the early films, there are very negative human examples and very positive Na’vi examples. In Avatar 3, we will do the opposite."

"We will also explore new worlds, while continuing the story of the main characters," Cameron promises. "I can say that the last parts will be the best. The others were an introduction, a way to set the table before serving the meal. But, obviously, everything will depend on how Avatar 2 is received, if it finds its audience."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Their ‘Culture impact has nothing to do with box office,more like do this IP have enough meme on social media or do the character have enough fans,if Avatar fans all make meme picture and spread out on Twitter or just yelling on the Instagram “Wooooooow I love Lo’ak!!he is so adorable!!!!’’Wow I think Jake Sully or villain General must be the couple!!They are so sweeeeeeet!!!!”something,then they’ll say this is culture impact

No. Not just memes, etc. But the general buzz. In overseas, Avatar 2 did open like an event film while in US it opened to lesser admits than the Minions 2.

Heck, Canada had an opening like a $190-210M opener. Highest of the year I think, though need to recheck. But US or LATA:gold:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No. Not just memes, etc. But the general buzz. In overseas, Avatar 2 did open like an event film while in US it opened to lesser admits than the Minions 2.

Heck, Canada had an opening like a $190-210M opener. Highest of the year I think, though need to recheck. But US or LATA:gold:

LATAM Open is good

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Not funny but it's still a long way to go.

I got told it was time for me to face reality and give up on it, just accept that it's going to scrape past 600m and be thankful for that.

No Way Home is the target

• Like 1
  • Haha 2