XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

56 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not in the same way no, but yes in the sense of the traditional epic SW film trilogy. That’s what the GA and even fans truly care about when it comes to the franchise, nothing can duplicate the popularity of that. 

Not to mention, I think they should cool it on the shows as well in the latter half of this decade. Give it a solid 5 years or so where new SW media is limited leading into Ep X. They would reap massive rewards from that in the long run. 

Seeing how heavily they leaned into the whole “End of the Saga!” thing with TRoS, I’d be really curious to see how they would go about marketing a return to the saga with X. If they do decide to do 10-12 of coarse. 

56 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think if played right X is still the most likely to be the next true admissions monster DOM over the next Avengers films. Phase 4 brought MCU momentum to a screeching halt and I don’t see one phase being nearly enough to repair all of that to the point that Secret/Kang can do anywhere near IW/EG admissions. 

what exactly will an Star Wars Episode 10 bring to the table that would result in such huge grosses? They already played the “long awaited return of Luke, Han, and Leia” with Episode 7

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

what exactly will an Star Wars Episode 10 bring to the table that would result in such huge grosses? They already played the “long awaited return of Luke, Han, and Leia” with Episode 7

Agreed, nothing will top the hype of TFA (old gang is back). Or Episode 1 (1st movie / content since the OT).

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Star Wars (for the next trilogy) needs to completely abandon the Skywalker storyline. They need to start over with new characters and storylines, actual good writing and a clear vision where the new films will go.

And yes, my personal preference is a Knights of the Old Republic Trilogy depicting the ancient Jedi and Sith War(s). That shit could be EPIC and if they nail the first film, people would be hooked for the sequels.

But they will probably make sequels to the Sequel Trilogy and .... it will make me sad.

• Like 3

Goodness me, 88-89m is happening. How grand it must be to be Cameron and see other mega-directors (eg Spielberg) produce flop after flop. He really is in a league of his own. 

edit: sorry, reposted by mistake. It’s been a while..

Edited by Xavier

1 minute ago, Xavier said:

Goodness me, 88-89m is happening. How grand it must be to be Cameron and see other mega-directors (eg Spielberg) produce flop after flop. He really is in a league of his own. 

edit: sorry, reposted by mistake. It’s been a while..

spielberg does more risky stuff though

4 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I know you don't track it, but will Puss come in above 5.81M projections? I hate how the current domestic total is sitting at an unsatisfying 66.997M just $3,000 from the nice and round 67M it's should be. 

It'll move $3K, just maybe not upwards lol. That's such a small amount it almost doesn't register.