charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

49 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

I dont see FRI being flat or bellow TUE. Yeah Canada may be but DOM increase should be enough. Discount Tuesday was also a thing during the Holidays and during the Holidays there is less incentive to chose FRI over weekdays ,especially for a 3 hour movie. And despite that both Fridays came comfortably ahead of TUE with one being during the storm's peak 

I understand that in a normal week, but its a post-holiday Tuesday vs a semi-normal Friday, and in 2017 we saw exactly that Fri nearly equal to Tue pattern across the board 

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

or ‘The second biggest film of the year’ unless they put the worldwide caveat in there.  Probably why they didn’t with either 

you're from the UK... have you heard youself lad

Is this the amerisation of our home country in effect? :( why do you think the Avatar youtube channel is for americans

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, M37 said:

I understand that in a normal week, but its a post-holiday Tuesday vs a semi-normal Friday, and in 2017 we saw exactly that Fri nearly equal to Tue pattern across the board 

For the US why would the first post Holiday Tuesday be more "special" compared to the 2nd post Holiday Tuesday than the first post holiday Friday compared to the 2nd post Holiday Friday?  Were a bunch of people or jobs still having Holidays this Tuesday but arent by Friday ?

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

or ‘The second biggest film of the year’ unless they put the worldwide caveat in there.  Probably why they didn’t with either 

If anything it should be the opposite and only mention being #2 with the caveat of it being domestic BO?

2 hours ago, M37 said:

Final Answer:

$10.7 (+57%)

$17.8 (+66%)

$11.2 (-37%)

$39.7M weekend

Using Rogue 1's exact comp from A2's thursday 6.8m

you get

$10.5m

$16.7m

$11.1m

props for increasing the SAT value I guess 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Gkalaitza said:

For the US why would the first post Holiday Tuesday be more "special" compared to the 2nd post Holiday Tuesday than the first post holiday Friday compared to the 2nd post Holiday Friday?  Were a bunch of people or jobs still having Holidays this Tuesday but arent by Friday ?

Yes - schools that got out on Friday 12/16 largely went back Wed 1/04 (or Thur 1/05), plus people starting to travel back home after New Years to resume normal schedules on Mon 1/09

The only reason Fri 1/06 grossed more than Tue 1/03 in 2017 was because of the new money from Hidden Figures and Underworld - all of the major holdovers finished below their Tue total on Friday except for Why Him and the art/specialty films (some of which expanded).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Using Rogue 1's exact comp from A2's thursday 6.8m

you get

$10.5m

$16.7m

$11.1m

props for increasing the SAT value I guess 😂

Rogue One had the BEST weekend multiplier from Thursday of anything already out that year (other than animated Sing). I could have stuck with the Passengers comp that its been tracking very closely and wound up around $36M, but I fully expect it to beat that +43% Saturday