filmlover

The 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards live feed thread

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The winners are pretty much expected but I will Carmichael has been really lousy host so far. What in the actual fuck was that Whitney Houston "joke?" Needless to say, he shouldn't expect a phone call from the producers of the Oscars anytime soon.

I actually stayed at the Beverly Hilton on the same floor as the one which Whitney passed away in 2 months after the fact. I actually went up to the room and the hotel had decommissioned the room fully. It did not even have a door number on it and could not be booked either. Apparently the room has been fully redone since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Decent if predictable winners, some really inspired speeches (both of the honorary winners in particular), but bad host and too many cut-offs. This was not the Return to TV the Golden Globes needed to restore their reputation following controversy.

I think predictability is fine, they shouldn't choose choices just to surprise everyone. I'm surprised they gave drama to HOTD, deep down I wished it could've been BCS, but I don't know what awards have against it so I would've chosen Severance. Looks like in the end they chose the most popular show 

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

I think predictability is fine, they shouldn't choose choices just to surprise everyone. I'm surprised they gave drama to HOTD, deep down I wished it could've been BCS, but I don't know what awards have against it so I would've chosen Severance. Looks like in the end they chose the most popular show 

It's the Golden Globes lol. They're gonna do what they're gonna do.

10 minutes ago, Eric the Plane said:

I'm pretty sure HFPA knew they couldn't give Fraser the Globe because of their mistreatment of him would lead to all the bad press.

Yeah, Butler is still probably 3rd for the oscars, behind Fraser and Farell

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

The TV rating reveal is more exciting than actually watching the show. Can’t wait.

I'm fully expecting them to be awful to the point where NBC will decide to get out of their contract (which they probably want to happen anyway after the scandals from the past two years).

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm fully expecting them to be awful to the point where NBC will decide to get out of their contract (which they probably want to happen anyway after the scandals from the past two years).

I read that this one was fully expected to be the last NBC Golden Globes. SAG awards just announced they’re going to Netflix, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Globes end up streaming too.